Great news, thanks to Koveleski from Team DarkEdge I now have file hosting. Downloads will be way faster and I will be able to get on Rom Manager now!
Attention: Please read the entire thread before you apply anything. There is important information here.
The idea behind my roms is to add functionality without sacrificing stability. It will be a rare occurrence that any of these roms have bugs. I will always do my best to keep them as "clean" as possible.
Note: Because of a hack to improve streaming audio implemented in these roms, when you run Quadrant tests your results will be awful, I'm looking into it now. Linpack works fine though.
New! metiCkMod V6.3.1 - BlackN'Bluebar
A mashup of Blackbar and Smoked Glass, I'll add pics later. It's basically Smoked Glass with out the glass.
Brand New!! metiCkMod V6.3.1 - Smoked Glass V1
Almost complete port of the original Smoked Glass theme from Adamz, still a work in progress (Credit to Adamz)
Update! - metiCkMod V6.3.1 - Froyo FRG22 Based
If you are upgrading from a previous version of metiCkMod then you don't necessarily need to wipe, but I would still recommend it.
- finally fixed the stupid geolocation problem
V6.3 - Big changes!!!
- Updated all gapps a.k.a. Google apps (noticeable with gmail) (Credit to Cyanogen & Koush)
- Changed almost all apks out for better versions
- Deodexed (by me this time)
- Optimized (not as much this time) (shouldn't be any fc's now)
- Re-Added Google apps with out re-optimizing, again less fc's now
- Removed Spare Parts (Download from market)
- Removed Rom Manager (Download from market)
- Removed blue from power control and added green (on stock version)
- Removed boot animation (saves almost 5mb from system)
- Removed Dsp manager ( DSP Manager)
- Removed D2 MT Keyboard
- Removed MusicMod (Download From Market)
- Removed Droid2 Live Wallpaper (takes up too much space)
- Updated Google Search
- Updated Superuser (Now syncs with market)
- Replaced Busybox with proper version (v1.16.2)
- Fixed keyboard issues
- Updated Superuser to V2.3.1
- Updated Chrome to phone (now syncs with market)
- Fixed Google Search widget (now syncs with market)
- Fixed Voice Search (now syncs with market)
- Fixed Bluetooth (I hope)
- Added D2 MT Keyboard
- Added D2 boot animation
- Added D2 Live Wallpaper
- Re-Added MusicMod V1.8 (Very slightly modded by me)
Update! - metiCkMod V6.3.1 - Blackbar
- Black notification panel with white text and icons
- Completely based of metiCkMod
Update! - metiCkMod - DarkGlass - V6.3 - Updated to newest base & includes newest Facebook app
- Black notification panel, transparent black widgets
- Updated Facebook!! (Expect another update to this)
- Fixed the about phone section showing blackbar
See full list of tweaks and mods below…
ChevyNo1 Froyo Kernels (Recommended) – Chevy’s a great dev Check out his thread!
P3droid Kernels (Be careful which kernel you choose as there are some for 2.1 and 2.2)
What I did…
- OptiPNG & Zipaligned (Credit to ME)
- Fixed the market sync problem (All apps show up in market as 2.2-FRG01B)
- Updated Superuser to 2.3.1
- Installed busybox V. 1.17.1
- Added Droid 2 boot animation
- Stock kernel – Defaults to 600mhz but can be overclocked to 800mhz, also allows for wired & wireless
- Added notifications & ringtones from N1, DX & D2
- Removed unnecessary scripts from xbin
- Added wifi scan tweak to save battery life
- Added build name & base under About phone
- Added Droid 2 Multi-Touch Keyboard!!!
- Added Chrometophone app V2.0 (Credit to Google)
- Removed Weather Channel logo from news & weather widget
- Modded launcher (removed 60+ jpgs and added new ones)
- Added Download Crutch Lite (allows the download of any file type)
- Added File Manager (SDCard file manager)
- Updated Messaging App (Credit to Cyanogenmod/Koush) (Tons of options)
- Rom Manager (Thanks Koush!) (Rom Manager Premium!)
- Wired Tether (Project Site)
- Wireless Tether (Project Site)
Recommendations: Don't use any root app to restore data, unless you're coming from a previous version of metiCkMod or FRG22. If you really want to restore your apps with titatium or something like it you can do so without restoring the data that comes with the app. Once you're done restoring the apps you should go into Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, Running or All, click on Market, force stop and clear data. This will do a factory reset (so to speak) of the market.
Flash Player (Beta 3) - Download official Adobe Flash 10.1 from market V6.3+
SetCPU (Available on market or XDA)
HTC_IME (awesome keyboards)
Red Sox HTC_IME Keyboard
Yankees HTC_IME Keyboard
D2 Multi-Touch Keyboard This keyboard still breaks the physical keyboard, use with the understanding that it WILL happen. Still the keyboard itself works great if you're someone who doesn't use the physical keyboard.
Clockworkmod Instructions: Place file anywhere on your sdcard, boot into recovery, select install zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard, and select the appropriate zip file.
SPRecovery Instructions: Rename file to update.zip, place on the root of your sdcard (meaning not in a folder on your sdcard), boot into recovery
Wipe or not? It is my recommendation that everyone wipes data & cache no matter what build they are coming from. Also, you should only use titanium to re-install apps without the data. It kinda sucks to re-enter all your info, accounts and bookmarks (especially with all these leaks) but in the end, if you run into problems you won't wonder if it’s because you didn't wipe data/cache.
For those of you that want to push and pull files to the droid. I did not edit the boot.img so before you type adb remount in adb you need to type adb root, wait for it to connect and run as root, then you can hit adb remount.