DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugless Beast 0.4 FRF84BV04 + SMOKED GLASS ROM'ed UP!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm gonna give this a try. I'm on BB v0.4 and have been DYING for a nicer theme that works with BB, but I just saw LUNA come in... was about to try this too.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855

Try

Quote Originally Posted by g0dM@n View Post
    I'm gonna give this a try. I'm on BB v0.4 and have been DYING for a nicer theme that works with BB, but I just saw LUNA come in... was about to try this too.
    I hope you like what I've done if you give it a try!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by lmt1979 View Post
    I'm just scared to change ROMs b/c I hate having to redo all of my settings. Does TITANIUM BACKUP take care of EVERYTHING? I've done the backup but never had to restore... I'm under the assumption that I can run a titanium backup, do 3x wipe, install a new rom, boot, restore with titanium and I'm set up completely again?
    Last edited by g0dM@n; 07-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855

Titanium, mostly.

I'm just scared to change ROMs b/c I hate having to redo all of my settings. Does TITANIUM BACKUP take care of EVERYTHING?
    Advanced Nandroid backups take care of everything in case there is a problem. I haven't used Titanium since Froyo because it reinstalls your paid apps automatically. Titanium used to go the extra step and restore applications data as well as shortcuts, again haven't used it in a while. Other than that what are you worried about losing? Text message history? Phone logs? I flash all the time when working on this and am back where I need to be in no time.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I'm just scared to change ROMs b/c I hate having to redo all of my settings. Does TITANIUM BACKUP take care of EVERYTHING?
    Advanced Nandroid backups take care of everything in case there is a problem. I haven't used Titanium since Froyo because it reinstalls your paid apps automatically. Titanium used to go the extra step and restore applications data as well as shortcuts, again haven't used it in a while. Other than that what are you worried about losing? Text message history? Phone logs? I flash all the time when working on this and am back where I need to be in no time.
    Yes, txt msg history, call logs, and things like that. The first and last ROM I put on my phone was BB v.4 and I had to redo my LED colors, notification styles, alert sounds that all have to be redone in settings for each app.

Or... did I not wait long enough for it to automatically populate?? I did do a wipe factory reset and wipe cache 2x... I thought "wipe" gets rid of that kind of info, and as I've been told I should always do a wipe when trying new ROMs...

So if I was to try this one, I would wipe 3x cache and 3x wipe factory reset, right? Don't I lose settings?

Sorry... I'm not a pro yet... getting there slowly.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855

try this

Yes, txt msg history, call logs, and things like that. The first and last ROM I put on my phone was BB v.4 and I had to redo my LED colors, notification styles, alert sounds that all have to be redone in settings for each app.

Or... did I not wait long enough for it to automatically populate?? I did do a wipe factory reset and wipe cache 2x... I thought "wipe" gets rid of that kind of info, and as I've been told I should always do a wipe when trying new ROMs...

So if I was to try this one, I would wipe 3x cache and 3x wipe factory reset, right? Don't I lose settings?

Try this so if the look doesn't make up for the trouble of fixing your settings:

Download Titanium, use the menu key to do a Batch Operation, Back up all user apps + system data

Then reboot the phone into recovery (hold x while booting) do an ADVANCED NANDROID Backup. Date it or name it so you'll know which one it is.

Then wipe data/cache 3 times, and allow an update.zip installation. Boot into the rom, and first thing install Titanium from the market. Restore All apps + System Data. Then let the phone sync with the market and cache itself, reboot it once. Try it out see how you like it. If you don't like it reboot into recovery, (hold x) wipe data/cache 3 times and do an ADVANCED NANDROID RESTORE and restore to you old backup, reboot, back to square one.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Try this so if the look doesn't make up for the trouble of fixing your settings:

Download Titanium, use the menu key to do a Batch Operation, Back up all user apps + system data

Then reboot the phone into recovery (hold x while booting) do an ADVANCED NANDROID Backup. Date it or name it so you'll know which one it is.

Then wipe data/cache 3 times, and allow an update.zip installation. Boot into the rom, and first thing install Titanium from the market. Restore All apps + System Data. Then let the phone sync with the market and cache itself, reboot it once. Try it out see how you like it. If you don't like it reboot into recovery, (hold x) wipe data/cache 3 times and do an ADVANCED NANDROID RESTORE and restore to you old backup, reboot, back to square one.
    You rock. Okay, so advanced NANDROID will restore you even to your old ROMs, settings, and apps completely?! That's neat!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Installed after 3x wipe and now I have no data connection..

EDIT: Keeps bounding back between 1x and 3g. Runs incredibly slow. Switching back to BB 0.4 original.
    Last edited by x25064; 07-30-2010 at 12:30 AM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855

Sounds like you need to reactivate the phone

Quote Originally Posted by x25064 View Post

EDIT: Keeps bounding back between 1x and 3g. Runs incredibly slow. Switching back to BB 0.4 original.

Incredibly slow huh, you do know that 2.2 is usually slow on the first boot while it's resyncing and downloading your apps in the background don't you? And if you have no data connection you usually need to reactivate by dialing *228 and following the instructions by the "operator".

How about give me a bit of time to try and help if you are having trouble.

I love people complaining about free stuff.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by x25064 View Post

Incredibly slow huh, you do know that 2.2 is usually slow on the first boot while it's resyncing and downloading your apps in the background don't you? And if you have no data connection you usually need to reactivate by dialing *228 and following the instructions by the "operator".

How about give me a bit of time to try and help if you are having trouble.

I love people complaining about free stuff.
    One thing I've learned over the years I've been overclocking computers and such is that impatience is your #1 enemy!!! I read and read before I do mods, hacks, and overclocks... I've learned the HARD WAY.
    Motorola Droid with these mods:
    -Bugless Beast
    V0.6.2.1
    -ChevyNo1 1.1Ghz LV

THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED!! This forum is a great, friendly community!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links