DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: "Removed SD Card"

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex

"Removed SD Card"

I keep having issues with the Droid not reading the SD card upon reboot. It's reading 9/10 times but i'm starting to think it's kernel related.

I got a replacement device b/c I lost mine, and I had an issue where it wouldn't read the SD Card. They sent me a second one and I'm having the same issue.

I'm using two different SD cards b/c they sent me two new units with an SD card each. The second one has been reading the card until i put on CM 5.0.8 and seemingly after i installed the p3 kernel for 1Ghz through Rom Manager. I'm in the process of not installing a kernel and putting 5.0.8 back on then backing up and installing an OC kernel.

I even went and installed the kernel manually through recovery. Rebooted and the SD card error was shown. Anyone else had this happen?

My old Droid had 5.0.8 and the same kernel running just fine. I can't figure out what in the world is going on. I can't imagine I got two brand new droids that BOTH are defective when reading SD cards.

My process is to .sbf, root, install CM, partition SD card, install kernel. Then ERROR. bummer.

*scratches brain*
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid.
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naman919 View Post
    I keep having issues with the Droid not reading the SD card upon reboot. It's reading 9/10 times but i'm starting to think it's kernel related.

I got a replacement device b/c I lost mine, and I had an issue where it wouldn't read the SD Card. They sent me a second one and I'm having the same issue.

I'm using two different SD cards b/c they sent me two new units with an SD card each. The second one has been reading the card until i put on CM 5.0.8 and seemingly after i installed the p3 kernel for 1Ghz through Rom Manager. I'm in the process of not installing a kernel and putting 5.0.8 back on then backing up and installing an OC kernel.

I even went and installed the kernel manually through recovery. Rebooted and the SD card error was shown. Anyone else had this happen?

My old Droid had 5.0.8 and the same kernel running just fine. I can't figure out what in the world is going on. I can't imagine I got two brand new droids that BOTH are defective when reading SD cards.

My process is to .sbf, root, install CM, partition SD card, install kernel. Then ERROR. bummer.

*scratches brain*
    Have you tried backing up your card up your card (with a reader) on your computer and reformatting it with your phone then restoring from your computer? There have been issues with cards not reading if they are corrupted, and sometimes a format fixes it.
    I touched Lord Stanley's Cup on 1/2/11.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The issues is really annoying. The sd card works randomly regardless of how may fat32 re-formats I do to it. Once it's working I have to make sure my phone never ever dies because the sd card will not work after another reboot. I really like SG, I think it's a great rom but it's a pita. I have tested the same card on another droid running 2.2 froyo without formatting it, and it will work every time even if I reboot the phone 10x.

It seems not to effect many users but I'd like to see an update to at least address this issue.
    Last edited by Jas0n; 07-10-2010 at 08:44 AM.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have the same issue, I actually arrived at this thread because I wanted a more permanent fix.

Here is what I have found fixes the issue on mine after a reboot etc.

1. After the reboot, and the error shows up...do a battery pull. While the battery is out, remove the sd card.
    2. Boot phone with no sd card (should say exact same error) now do a NORMAL power down
    3. Once the phone has shut dow, replace the sd card, power on - issue is normally fixed for me once I've done this procedure
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    fl0w3n, I do the same exact thing but that routine works 2 out of 5 times for me.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    this is a bizarre issue and plagues me as well. CM v6.0-RC1 has seemed to fixed the issue, but as indicated above and it being a froyo ROM, i'm still puzzled why it was happening on Eclair ROMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman2 View Post
    Why must people insist on posting these things when my flamethrower is in for repairs?

Links