DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: who is the best?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • droid concepts

3 4.17%
  • slayher

1 1.39%
  • jairomeo

1 1.39%
  • chevyNo1

12 16.67%
  • team chaos

0 0%
  • onix concepts

1 1.39%
  • forkup

0 0%
  • pete lol

45 62.50%
  • cvpcs

9 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What rom is champion

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola

What rom is champion

This thread is to discuss why you think the rom you use is the best...and to point out problems or issues with roms..apps that dont work with froyo....anything of this nature so developers can fix, explain, or simply laugh at what you have to say about their rom

thanks, ShawnSD rom baby

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Each rom has something unique to it. I'd suggest trying out all of them and seeing which one fits your phone the best.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Each rom has something unique to it. I'd suggest trying out all of them and seeing which one fits your phone the best.
    I'm new to Droid - picked mine up about a week ago. I've learned a lot from these forums. I'm interested in rooting it, but how do i decide what rom to go with? Are all of them supported equally or if I pick the wrong one will I end up in trouble? What's the easiest way to see what each one has to offer at a glance so I can see the one's i'm interested in without installing all of them?

Sorry if this is a newbie question, and please don't send me off with a suggestion to search the forum. I've tried to search for a topic that addresses this but haven't really found what I'm looking for yet (or maybe I've read it and because I'm so new at all of this that I just don't know that I've found it. ) There is a lot of info here, and sometimes it's kind of overwhelming.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    NeverEndingXsin
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Deronn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    I'm new to Droid - picked mine up about a week ago. I've learned a lot from these forums. I'm interested in rooting it, but how do i decide what rom to go with? Are all of them supported equally or if I pick the wrong one will I end up in trouble? What's the easiest way to see what each one has to offer at a glance so I can see the one's i'm interested in without installing all of them?

Sorry if this is a newbie question, and please don't send me off with a suggestion to search the forum. I've tried to search for a topic that addresses this but haven't really found what I'm looking for yet (or maybe I've read it and because I'm so new at all of this that I just don't know that I've found it. ) There is a lot of info here, and sometimes it's kind of overwhelming.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
    i would suggest looking in the "Custom Roms" section of the forums. In there you'll see all the main developers each with there own section for there own roms. Go into each of those and look at there most recent rom and you can read what is included, what base it is, etc. and just go from there
    Twitter? Follow Me @NeverEndingXsin

Google+ Invites? Yeah i got them
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    new member, just learning the ROMs and update to BB v.4. huge improvments.
    Last edited by soonster; 07-01-2010 at 05:23 PM.
  7. Johnly
    P3Droid has allowed us all to have ROM's...if it weren't for him, froyo, would be noyo. I vote P3Droid is the ROM!!!!!!!!!! Rad Omniscient Master!
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Ima take the cheesy way out. They all are good, and all the devs do good work.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Over this last week since 2.2 FROYO source code was released by google, I've tried cvpcs' 0.6.0 Sapphire, Chevy's Simply stunning 4.1 & 4.2, Peters Bugless Beast 0.3 & 0.4. I use Chevys kernels 1.1 or 1.2 med voltage. I tried a few of p3's kernels and had random reboots

by far, the best and most stable rom of the above for me has been Chevy's Simply Stunning.

currently I'm installing woodymans succulent desire. I tried it before google released froyo code and it was nice, so I am going to give their froyo v3 a try, and if that doesn't work out I am going to go back to Chevy's/
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    that data is five months old old.

Two weeks ago ROM A was the best, today it is ROM B.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links