DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Mode

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy Crisis Mode

Hello.

Last night I put my droid on the wall charger and the thing managed to fall and bend the pins in the usb hub, making it so that my droid can no longer be charged (or, as you will have guessed, connected to my computer). I have ROM Manager, but I'm down to 20% battery currently and trying to go back to 2.0.1 unrooted before I turn in my phone to be viewed by the lovely veterans at Verizon. However, ROM Manager continues to have issues with converting to the 2.0.1 ROM (It might be prudent to mention now that I'm running Kangerade), and I'm running alarmingly low on time. I obviously can't do the DSLite method owing to the fact that I can't connect to my computer, and I'd love to avoid paying $500 for a new Droid if at all possible. Can somebody offer me some guidance?

Thanks a ton in advance,
    Jeff
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If I bring the phone into verizon running 2.1 rooted, are they a. even going to notice, or b. going to care when the problem lies within the broken usb port?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by el_diablo5711 View Post
    If I bring the phone into verizon running 2.1 rooted, are they a. even going to notice, or b. going to care when the problem lies within the broken usb port?
    My buddy is a store manager for Verizon Wireless here in town, and he told me it does not void your warranty in any way rooting your phone. I would certainly hear what other people have to say regarding this manner if I were you, but thats just what I was told.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the reply. I may not have a choice now because my battery is out of juice when I had downgraded to 2.1. I had tried going from 2.2 to 2.0.1 on ROM Manager twice to no avail, and a second ago I downgraded to 2.1, got some strangeass popup message that kept coming up telling me that some application kept forceclosing which I didn't recognize. I then got ROM Manager to boot up again somehow (wouldn't work until the phone had fully been reengaged on the network), and then tried again to go down to 2.0.1 stock, when again Clockwork couldn't do the deed. Clockwork Recovery lists some long stretch of details of errors when I try every time, and I just simply have run out of time and answers because I did all of that when the red battery light was blinking.

I think I may just have to hope when I bring it into VZW
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    acore is the process, for the record.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    With what little battery is left, I've just been switching back to froyo to start over, and CWR is having problems with that, too. Is the latest version of ROM Manager stable? Latest CWR?

Realized I've been multi-posting. Apologies. But does it have issues with 2.2 perhaps?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Go to the store and buy a battery charger and charge the battery. Use wifi to connect the phone to your network,
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I suppose that could be a solution if and only if Verizon doesn't help me out. I don't want to do that, though; it would be a serious inconvenience.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Do you know anyone with a Droid who can install your battery and charge it for you? If you're in the Denver area, I'd be glad to do it for you. When you get a charged battery, use rom manager to flash sprecovery, then flash back to clockwork. That's the fix according to the dev for the issue you're experiencing. That will get clockwork recovery to work so you can restore to whatever build you need.
    Loved my original Droid with a Sourcery ROM.
    Liked my Thunderbolt, but would have loved it with a Sourcery ROM.
    Love my Galaxy Nexus rocking a Sourcery ROM the most!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm currently in the Kansas City area. I took it into Verizon today, explained what happened. He sent in for a replacement which will be mailed to me. It doesn't seem like the rooting is going to be even an issue, but I bought a charger (which I'll return in a few days) to see if I can unroot the thing anyway. Thanks for the offer, and your suggestion has been shown to work?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links