DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I install SPRecovery?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Once you can get into either Clockwork or SPR you really should consider switching to RZRecovery. I've been using it since version 1.8 and it's now on 2.01. It's much better than either of the other two recovery apps (imho)

[Recovery] RZR SPR-based *update.zips-battery charging-more*

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @MFerrill
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I did the same thing you did. I flashed clockwork and tried to flash alternate recovery (sprecovery) and it never stuck. I ended up using clockwork to install the mod. It worked out fine. You need to do a battery pull when it gets stuck at the Motorola logo, same thing was happening to me.

I was also referred to use the other recovery after rom installation.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Thank ya'll! I ended up using the RSDlite to install the SPRecovery... =)
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    That's just it. I'm having the same problem and even with SPRecovery flashed in Rom Manager, the phone does not get past the "M" logo. With the "X" depressed it just hangs. Only with a battery pull will the phone boot normally; but it appears to go through Post twice!

Thoughts? I'm baffled.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mouselounge View Post
    That's just it. I'm having the same problem and even with SPRecovery flashed in Rom Manager, the phone does not get past the "M" logo. With the "X" depressed it just hangs. Only with a battery pull will the phone boot normally; but it appears to go through Post twice!

Thoughts? I'm baffled.
    Well its time to move past sprecovery. Get clockwork running and flash rzrecovery with the update.zip and you get sprecovery+.

Sent from somewhere...
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mouselounge View Post

Thoughts? I'm baffled.
    Sometimes Rom Manager doesn't do a good job of installing either Clockwork or SPR. Here's my notes on getting CW working:

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Once you have rebooted into Clockwork and are navigating through its menu, if at any time it hesitates that means it is about to reboot automatically. When Clockwork does reboot and the screen goes dark, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Clockwork will now be totally stable until you finish.

If the first thing you do with Clockwork, during any particular session, is to try and make a Nandroid backup and you get an error message (without regard to what it says), you should just wait a few seconds and not do anything. That is because Clockwork is about to reboot the phone. As stated above, as soon as the screen goes dark, press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Then start over and Clockwork will work as it was intended for the rest of the session.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    And Bayou is being rather diplomatic in saying that RM "sometimes" has trouble flashing recoveries... I second jstaff's recommendation - flash rzr and get on with enjoying your phone. RZ has a sbf file to flash his recovery, if you can't flash thru either SPR or CWM. but, most likely, if you follow the advice of flashing alternate recoveries multiple times, you'll get one of them to take; and then you can flash rzr.

"Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    And Bayou is being rather diplomatic in saying that RM "sometimes" has trouble flashing recoveries... I second jstaff's recommendation - flash rzr and get on with enjoying your phone. RZ has a sbf file to flash his recovery, if you can't flash thru either SPR or CWM. but, most likely, if you follow the advice of flashing alternate recoveries multiple times, you'll get one of them to take; and then you can flash rzr.

Yeah, I did leave that part out - only use Rom Manager to flash a good CW or SPR and then use that to flash RZR. You'll have no more recovery problems then. RZR is the most stable and feature filled recovery.
    Baton Rouge, LA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links