DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid SENSE-UI ROM?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Google Galaxy Nexus

Droid SENSE-UI ROM?

Yes, so since there has been nothing coming from the Zeus team...just wondering if there is, in fact, a rom out there w/Froyo and Sense-UI. I am craving a taste of it...I need to get it on my Droid. Does anyone know of any place I can get a rom file with it?

Thanks.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid CM6 LATEST NIGHTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanBurner View Post
    Yes, so since there has been nothing coming from the Zeus team...just wondering if there is, in fact, a rom out there w/Froyo and Sense-UI. I am craving a taste of it...I need to get it on my Droid. Does anyone know of any place I can get a rom file with it?

Thanks.
    Short answer: No. There are still the same RIL issues the Zeusdroid team never managed to fix. AFAIK, no one is actively working on one either.
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    D2 - Team DeFuse
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GohanBurner View Post

Thanks.
    Get:
    LauncherPro Beta LauncherPro
    Fancy Widget for HTC like clock Android Does
    Curvefish Toggle switches CurveFish
    My HTC Status Bar and Theme Package http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...bar-froyo.html

And you have a very close looking Sense ROM.

You can also get some widgets that scroll and have HTC themes with them too. Search for Pure widgets on google.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by MotaBoy View Post
    Get:
    LauncherPro Beta LauncherPro
    Fancy Widget for HTC like clock Android Does
    Curvefish Toggle switches CurveFish
    My HTC Status Bar and Theme Package http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...bar-froyo.html

And you have a very close looking Sense ROM.

You can also get some widgets that scroll and have HTC themes with them too. Search for Pure widgets on google.
    That'll get him close to looking like a sense ROM, but its key to point out that doesn't get him the specialized HTC widgets (friendstream or w/e and all that stuff) nor will it get him the extra social networking integration, etc.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    wish someone would take on the phone call problem i would love to have sense or at least try it out i wonder why the phone call issue stopped them.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch81 View Post
    wish someone would take on the phone call problem i would love to have sense or at least try it out i wonder why the phone call issue stopped them.
    They have taken on the RIL issue. There just isn't a fix, because Sense was built for HTC phones which use a specific radio card, and Motorola doesn't use the same one. The problem is Sense is too closely knit into the HTC built phones. Its like this: Linux is open source and works on almost any computer, relate that to Android, as Google distributes it. Mac OS X is Unix based, and has many of the same underpinnings as Linux, but has so much extra software tied in, it was (at first) rather difficult to port it to non-Apple hardware, relate this to Sense UI. Even now, the hardware support is the most difficult issue when building a Hackintosh. Not a perfect analogy, but you get the idea.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    oh so its a hardware issue? :/ gotcha thanks for the info. looks like if i want sense i need to get an htc device next lol
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch81 View Post
    oh so its a hardware issue? :/ gotcha thanks for the info. looks like if i want sense i need to get an htc device next lol
    yea, kinda. haha, its a software/hardware interaction issue. And I wouldn't count on Sense sticking around much longer. Google is on the warpath against all of these UI overlays. They are creating more issues that they're worth. By fragmenting the Android market, you have Android phones with vastly different interfaces, leading to consumer confusion, and not to mention, HTC has been HORRIBLY slow releasing OS updates, because they have to rebuild Sense on top of a new OS each time Google updates, and it just isn't feasible. Google's vision is a unified Android interface, with all devices operating the same on a software level. Samsung is going a very different route with the new Galaxy line, where instead of a complete UI overhaul, you have a subtle theme, and a custom launcher app. So, in short: Bye Bye Sense, MotoBlur, Whatever Sony calls its Xperia interface, etc.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    yeah i heard something about that a lil bit ago

Links