DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help restore Eris to Stock 2.1/1.5 from Rooted 'Official' 2.1

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Question Please Help restore Eris to Stock 2.1/1.5 from Rooted 'Official' 2.1

Someone please help! I have the HTC Eris, originally 1.5 rom, then I had the unofficial (not the leaked rom) 2.1 roms, several different types, and Amon Recovery, but then i was able to downgrade to the official 1.5 rom, and then I ran the official 2.1 OTA from VZW. THEN.... I found a rooted 2.1 that was supposed to be rooted, BUT also be created from the official 2.1 from HTC/VZW. It was indeed rooted, a(with anetshare), and I was able to use root explorer to mess with the system folders. Big mistake! All the google processes keep crashing and I cannot download anything from the Market.

Is someone has an idea how to get me back completely to stock 2.1, I would appreciate it, even pay (via paypal) for your help. Thanks!

Oh, BTW, I DO NOT have Amon Ra's recovery on the phone, I havbe some other type of recovery, not sure what, where I have to use volume up/down to scroll between choices.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't know what you did with the system folder, but.. did you try doing a fix_permissions? I'm not familiar with the Eris, but on the Droid that usually fixes FC issues. In a terminal/shell, just do su and then fix_permissions and see if it fixes it. As to getting back to stock, I'm only familiar with the Motorola Droid; someone else would probably be better able to help you if you go that route.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by mactechnm View Post
    Someone please help! I have the HTC Eris, originally 1.5 rom, then I had the unofficial (not the leaked rom) 2.1 roms, several different types, and Amon Recovery, but then i was able to downgrade to the official 1.5 rom, and then I ran the official 2.1 OTA from VZW. THEN.... I found a rooted 2.1 that was supposed to be rooted, BUT also be created from the official 2.1 from HTC/VZW. It was indeed rooted, a(with anetshare), and I was able to use root explorer to mess with the system folders. Big mistake! All the google processes keep crashing and I cannot download anything from the Market.

Is someone has an idea how to get me back completely to stock 2.1, I would appreciate it, even pay (via paypal) for your help. Thanks!

Oh, BTW, I DO NOT have Amon Ra's recovery on the phone, I havbe some other type of recovery, not sure what, where I have to use volume up/down to scroll between choices.
    u got a link to the 2.1 rooted rom?
    follow me on twitter @3083joe
    www.twitter.com/3083joe
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Continued trouble restoring Eris

I have wiped my phone several times, but every time, it still 'keeps' all the errors. Because I modified the root folders (although somehow I no longer have root access) So now my startup screen is custom, and the Market refuses to work, won't download anything at all, and Android/google processes crash all the time. I think I've really messed up my phone this time. NOTHING I've tried will get the phone back to completely factory condition again. Tried deleting app data for different apps, no luck. Luckily i'm eligible for upgrade in one month, because I'm going to smash the Eris If I cant fix it.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Above what I posted previously, I see the following....

DESIREC XC SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-1.47.0000
    TOUCH-PANEL-MELFAS_45_17
    RADIO-2.40.00.01.22
    Oct 23 200, 17:02:23

Hope this helps. Looks like I am not at the HBOOT 1.49, which I think is a good thing. I just wish I could get the original factory eris rom installed, but I'm not able to. Appreciate any help
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    well if you are rooted why don't you just flash another ROM? If not I know devs who are working on the Incredible that used to have an Eris and I can ask them for you. Just please get back to asap and I will be more then happy to help out. I do have my sd card from back when I had an Eris with about 3 nandroid backups on it if that would help at all?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Ok, I have got good news for you. Some of the people in the IRC channel that I go to hooked me up with some desire/eris shipped ROMs. Let me know when you are ready
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Well, actually, my phone is not rooted anymore, I have no idea what happened, but I no longer have any of the rooted apps I had, and every time I restore my phone with 'recovery', it just puts the same stuff back on. I am missing something from Google, because I cannot download from the market, and I keep getting com.android.google process errors. Still trying to figure it out...
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well, actually, my phone is not rooted anymore, I have no idea what happened, but I no longer have any of the rooted apps I had, and every time I restore my phone with 'recovery', it just puts the same stuff back on. I am missing something from Google, because I cannot download from the market, and I keep getting com.android.google process errors. Still trying to figure it out...
    Well like I said before I have a couple shipped ROMs that the Eris comes with stock 2.1 and 1.5 so let me know if you would like them
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    That would be awesome. I have never used IRC (well actually I have, but it was YEARS ago), so that'll take some time tonight. maybe you can private message me with your email address? I really appreciate the help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links