DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Smoked glass v6.0 w/ AdamZ #6 Kernel killing battery

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID

Smoked glass v6.0 w/ AdamZ #6 Kernel killing battery

I was wondering if any of the thousands of other people running this ROM have another kernel that might be better on battery life, i had it over OCed @1100 and then turned it down to 600 and i have noticed little difference in battery life and performance speed. I guess my real question is this kernel the right one to be using, because i want to overclock for speed but id rather not kill my battery in 5 hours either. I love this ROM but i might have to change it if i cant find a better kernel.
    I'm like Sam Fisher when it comes to gadgets, but I'm like James Bond when it comes to keeping them in 1 piece

An Android Terminology Guide for Dummies
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Fisher View Post
    I was wondering if any of the thousands of other people running this ROM have another kernel that might be better on battery life, i had it over OCed @1100 and then turned it down to 600 and i have noticed little difference in battery life and performance speed. I guess my real question is this kernel the right one to be using, because i want to overclock for speed but id rather not kill my battery in 5 hours either. I love this ROM but i might have to change it if i cant find a better kernel.

yea, Im having battery life issues as well, and whats weird is...I didnt have issues when I first installed it.

Is that normal?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    My battery last about 6 hrs with heavy use oc'd to 900... if I don't mess with it ill be ay around 60% at the end of the day

Try setting your profiles a little different
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The battery profiles aren't the problem. What is happening is your phone is trying to download the official 2.1 OS and then stops. If you track the downloads you will probably find huge megabytes of data transfer every day.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bjet767 View Post
    The battery profiles aren't the problem. What is happening is your phone is trying to download the official 2.1 OS and then stops. If you track the downloads you will probably find huge megabytes of data transfer every day.
    Wow that makes sense. Is there a thread to block the update? Would that do any good?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid_Sholes2.0.5_800MhzOC'd

try this

follow the suggestion found in this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tery-life.html

you need to replace the otacerts.zip file in your system/etc/security folder with the one posted in the thread. you can do this using either adb or root explorer. there are directions on how to do it either way in the thread. this will allow the update to download, then sprecovery will block the update install, but your phone will think it's up-to-date. this will solve your problem.

Links