DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Ultimate Droid Rom : "New Era"

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Help with Ultimate Droid Rom : "New Era"

So i have UD10 installed now and i want to install the new UD New Era one. I downloaded the update.zip and renamed it neupdate.zip, then placed it on the root of my sd card using astro. Then i rebooted into recovery and chose install rom from sd card, and no where do i see the update.zip file.

So can somebody help me out with this, i am somewhat of a noob and i really wanna get this new UD version. So if somebody who has already done it could do a dummies guide to installing it, then that would be freaking saweet.

3. jev
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx D.E., Moto X
    You don't need to rename it to neupdate. Just leave it as update zip, boot into sprecovery, choose allow update.zip, then install update.zip.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by jev View Post
    You don't need to rename it to neupdate. Just leave it as update zip, boot into sprecovery, choose allow update.zip, then install update.zip.
    ok i got that to work, i also want to install a theme, and this is what it says on his forum ..... Ultimate Droid Smoked Theme - Update.zip Format (Use after rom installation)

so, for me to install this, do i need to put this on the root of my sd card and then go back into recovery and do the same thing???
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid razor
    Quote Originally Posted by hondabomdc5 View Post
    ok i got that to work, i also want to install a theme, and this is what it says on his forum ..... Ultimate Droid Smoked Theme - Update.zip Format (Use after rom installation)

so, for me to install this, do i need to put this on the root of my sd card and then go back into recovery and do the same thing???
    Yup. Just delete or rename the previous zip for the actual rom so you don't confuse the two. And ofcourse make a back up before applying the theme
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    what kernels are you guys using?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    BAMF Rom 1.0

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Im using the low voltage 1300 bekit with new era and its blazing fast and no fcs even with custom font and ud themed helix 2 launcher. Im in love. UD rocks
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by cesarderio57 View Post
    Im using the low voltage 1300 bekit with new era and its blazing fast and no fcs even with custom font and ud themed helix 2 launcher. Im in love. UD rocks
    how did you get helix 2?
    did you download it from the market?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
    BAMF Rom 1.0

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by angler1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hondabomdc5 View Post

Yup. Just delete or rename the previous zip for the actual rom so you don't confuse the two. And ofcourse make a back up before applying the theme
    so i can rename the update.zip that i just applied, and then i can have the update.zip for the theme and then go back into recovery mode and then install the update.zip for theme overtop of the New Era Rom?

And to the other guy, i dont know what kernel im using, i wish i knew how to upload different kernels, i wish is was easy, like how he used to have the UD Customizer thing
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by cesarderio57 View Post
    hey bro, would you mind telling me how to load up kernels, i want whatever one you have since you said it works fast
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    So I moved the origanal new era update off the root of my sd card, and I then placed the udtheme.zip on the root of my sd card. I then proceeded to go into recovery mode and hit install .zip and it then trys to do it but then it says something like it can't open .zip from sd card or somethng and it then tells me that the thing was aborted. Can somebody please help me out
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links