DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: How to Hard Reset Your Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

Exclamation How to Hard Reset Your Droid

I thought that since I've had to do this a few times and still had a hard time remembering how I did it, I would post how to do it here. So if anyone needs to and doesn't know how, here you go:

1. Before you begin anything else, back up ALL of your files to either your microSD card on the phone or to your PC or laptop with the use of the USB Data Cable. Be sure to write down passwords to applications you may have downloaded if you wish to reinstall them after Hard Resetting. Once you have everything saved that you want, remove the microSD card from it's slot, located in the battery compartment. You will need to remove the battery first to remove your microSD card. After card removal, return the battery to it's working position. Do NOT turn the device back on yet.
    2. Step 2
      With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.
    3. Step 3
      Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.
    4. Step 4
      Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.
    5. Step 5
      From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.
    6. Step 6
      Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Nice of you to lay it out in detail, it's probably around here in a gazillion places. But you got me curious. Why would anyone have to do this several times?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    My phone has bee acting up a lot since i got the update for Droid. Like I said in another forum I saw you in, I didn't even want to update my phone. My phone died and updated itself on the reboot. Now, things like messager, market, google, maps, ect., have been forcing close. The only way you can fix the problem is to reset your phone.
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroTrashHollywood View Post
    My phone has bee acting up a lot since i got the update for Droid. Like I said in another forum I saw you in, I didn't even want to update my phone. My phone died and updated itself on the reboot. Now, things like messager, market, google, maps, ect., have been forcing close. The only way you can fix the problem is to reset your phone.
    There's a difference between having to reset your phone maybe once or twice and having to do it frequently. I don't have to do that, matter of fact the one time I did do a hard reset I did it by accident (don't ask) and the only other time I had to do a factory data reset turned out to really be unnecessary and it was done via privacy settings.

I think if you're having those type of issues with your Droid you probably have got an app in there that's causing problems or just a defective Droid. It's definitely not normal to have to do a Hard Factory Data Reset with a Droid.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    lol well if there was anything killing my phone, it sure isn't there anymore. I had just reset it right before posting this. This has been the first time that it actually deleted all of my apps. I'm thinking that it might actually be the LookOut App that I had. My boyfriend convinced me to download it "Cuz it's so badass" and hadn't really had problems since the last time I had virus protection on my phone. Now that I really think about it, The last virus program did almost the same thing.

Links