DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite ROM

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Favorite ROM

Hey guys I've just recently rooted my phone and am currently running Pete's stock 2.1 rooted with Chevy's 1ghz Kernel and CyanogenMod ROM 5.6.2.

I wanted to know what is everyone using and which they prefer and why? The setup i'm currently using is very stable and i'm happy with it, but i'm wondering if there is anything else i'm missing from the others?

For example how do i get WIFI tethering? I currently have PDANET and that works, but how do i WIFI tether?

Also how can i get themse for my phone like full desktop themes where it changes your icons and wallpapers etc... Anyone know any cool stuff i can do with my phone now that i'm rooted? The only thing i'm doing different is that i have SETCPU app and over clocked my phone. Originally that was the point to just overlock it, but now that i'm starting to get used to this I feel like I would like to customize and explore more. Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated, thank you!

-Movado

3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    The very stable and happyness is why I'm using what I am and I haven't bounced around so much I suppose. the included feature list is another. wifi-tether and overclockable kernel was included....just a little convenience as those things aren't so hard to add, as you'll see below:

android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code just install the apk and there you go.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    The very stable and happyness is why I'm using what I am and I haven't bounced around so much I suppose. the included feature list is another. wifi-tether and overclockable kernel was included....just a little convenience as those things aren't so hard to add, as you'll see below:

android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code just install the apk and there you go.
    Once again thanks Chris
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post

downloaded the wifi .apk file and installed it on my droid.. I paired my computer with the phone, but having trouble getting it to work. That video is not to helpful because it's running win xp and i'm running win7. Do you know how to hook up wifi tether with win7?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Atrix 4G!
    I've been with JRummy's Remix CyanMod, CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2 ever since I first rooted. I absolutely love this rom and dont see myself switching anytime soon.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincanada84 View Post
    I've been with JRummy's Remix CyanMod, CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2 ever since I first rooted. I absolutely love this rom and dont see myself switching anytime soon.
    does it look stock or does it have any changes like theme and icons etc... anything different?
  8. verian
    Just be sure to jump roms from time to time there always evolving and changing.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Atrix 4G!
    Quote Originally Posted by movadoevo8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincanada84 View Post
    does it look stock or does it have any changes like theme and icons etc... anything different?
    It's not a stock looking rom. Its themed. He's got a red, blue, green, and cyan colored one. And he's also got a stock looking one as well.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Twitter
    MJZ2112
    Phone
    MotoX baby!
    I just switched to Bugless Beast V1 a couple days ago from UD10 and I coudlnt be happier.
    My phone has never run this smooth and FAST.

BB V1
    1Ghz Kernel
    NexMod theme

I've run Cyan, UD and previous versions of BB.
    This is by far the smoothest most stable ROM I've had on my phone yet.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Awesome thanks for the input guys!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links