DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: somethin aint right (UD10)

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus

somethin aint right (UD10)

I downloaded ud10 but wasn't sure how to do a nandroid install, so I left the unpacked files in the nandroid directory and the original zip on the root. So then I downloaded the rooted 2.1, renamed it update, and put it on the root of my card. After sprecovery update install, mydroid booted with ud10...WTF? Well I wasn't mad, cause that's what I wanted. I purity on the charger and went to bed. When I woke up this morning the battery was at 30 (after being off the charger for an hour Max) then when I got to the dentist 45 min later it had died. Its running warm too. And there's some "loading data" thing in the taskbar that wont go away. What's going on?
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    put the extracted files in a new folder named UDv10, then put that folder in your nandroid folder on sd card, reboot recovery, wipe data/factory reset (twice), wipe cashe partition (twice), Nandroid advanced restore, choose UDv10, Reboot, Enjoy
    Last edited by Tallica; 04-21-2010 at 11:19 AM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Whatever version (lets stay out of it!) is on rom manager for UD10 has worked amazingly well for me. The original nandroid install did a terrible job and it was the worst rom ever. I have had the RM version for 4-5 days now and it hasn't had a single force close, it runs cool, hell even beautiful widgets doesn't get force close messages.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post
    put the extracted files in a new folder named UDv10, then put that folder in your nandroid folder on sd card, reboot recovery, wipe data/factory reset (twice), wipe cashe partition (twice), Nandroid advanced restore, choose UDv10, Reboot, Enjoy
    Rom manager not recommended. (by me anyway) Use the process above in this post. It's the easiest and most sound way.

Extract the files (will be 4 of them) make a new folder on your desktop labeled "ud10" put the 4 files in it and move that folder to your nandroid folder on your sdcard and then do the nandroid restore as stated above
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Anyone know why I should choose UDv10 over Jrummy's new remix. Both are jam-packed with nice hacks. I am leaning towards Jrummy for the moment...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by icculusX View Post
    Anyone know why I should choose UDv10 over Jrummy's new remix. Both are jam-packed with nice hacks. I am leaning towards Jrummy for the moment...
    Personal preference. Try one then the other.
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Yea I did have UDv10 on for 2 days and now I am trying Jrumy... I am having a few issues applying my themes to Jrummy for the moment, however I feel like his remix has more fixes like built in ad-blocking, youtube high quality hack...
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post
    thats what i did, but i didnt see a ud10 choice in advanced restore, just an old droidmod rom

oh and i didnt wipe twice
    HOKIE
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by icculusX View Post
    Your preference. I like the look of UD better so I use it. I've used JRummys and it's a good ROM I just don't like the color schemes. It's a solid ROM though.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Sexxxus
    and i how do i go about wiping the rom to start fresh?

does anyone here even have any clue what happened? i dont understand how it could load a rom i didnt install. and i also dont get whats going on with the battery. the thing last like 2 freakin hours on a full charge with 0 use!
    HOKIE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links