DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: UD10 isn't working for me, or is it that Cyanogen isn't?

  1. Master Droid
    n0m0n's Avatar
    Member #
    632
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    HERE
    Posts
    885
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Storm1+2,D1,DX,D2
    #1

    UD10 isn't working for me, or is it that Cyanogen isn't?

    OK I have been reading all these he did she did and really I am not going to judge ANYONE or ANYTHING.
    Either side could be right , or wrong and really I am just a user of these nice customizations.
    Hey I know nothing about coding, theming, anything.
    I am clueless as to this stuff....
    I mean I don't even have my decoder ring any more for the secret message.


    That said, I have been using UD10 for a few days now and install it once a day because it locks up and just is more of a bother than a support.

    I need to go to a wake in another state this evening and when I wanted to use Google maps to find my way home it locked up.
    Pulled the battery and then it took 10 minutes to work.
    As you can see its more frustrating than its worth any longer.

    SO I sat there frustrated and wondering if BD threads would be open when I returned home...

    Which its not but after reading all this on who did what I now wonder if it is Cyanogen that isnt working.
    I mean if he stoled it then its a Cyanogen issue.

    AmI right?
    JW
  2. Master Droid
    bL33d's Avatar
    Member #
    22613
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    819
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #2
    Do urself a favor and install a diffrent rom i recommend cyanogen but its up to you. The new redromCHAOS is awesome aswell try it out i think it will be big around here.

    Btw chances are he (bd) jacked with something and messed it up or u didnt do a data wipe or both good idea to adb wipe s/d/c everyonce in awhile imo.
    Last edited by bL33d; 04-15-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
    iPad 16gb
    ----------------------------
    Old phones..
    Droid razr
    LG spectrum
    Thunderbolt
    Droid charge
    Droid X
    Fascinate
    og Droid
    droid eris
    iphone 3gs
  3. Master Droid
    n0m0n's Avatar
    Member #
    632
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    HERE
    Posts
    885
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Storm1+2,D1,DX,D2
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bL33d View Post
    Do urself a favor and install a diffrent rom i recommend cyanogen but its up to you. The new redromCHAOS is awesome aswell try it out i think it will be big around here.

    Btw chances are he (bd) jacked with something and messed it up or u didnt do a data wipe or both good idea to adb wipe s/d/c everyonce in awhile imo.
    Best way to do this?
    I tried to install a rom via rom manager, but when all came back up the UD10 wallpaper was there.

    So even though I chose to wipe it but evidently it didn't wipe.

    Which method is the best?
    Please detail.

    Thanks
    JW
  4. Master Droid
    bL33d's Avatar
    Member #
    22613
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    819
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    Download redromchaos and rename to update.zip place in root of sdcard.

    reboot into sprecovery then useing adb run these commands

    Code:
    C:\sdk\tools> adb shell
    # format SYSTEM:
    # format DATA:
    # format CACHE:
    # exit

    then make sure to unmount all 3 in mount options and choose install, allow update, then apply update.zip
    Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
    iPad 16gb
    ----------------------------
    Old phones..
    Droid razr
    LG spectrum
    Thunderbolt
    Droid charge
    Droid X
    Fascinate
    og Droid
    droid eris
    iphone 3gs
  5. Master Droid
    n0m0n's Avatar
    Member #
    632
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    HERE
    Posts
    885
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Storm1+2,D1,DX,D2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bL33d View Post
    Download redromchaos and rename to update.zip place in root of sdcard.

    reboot into sprecovery then useing adb run these commands

    Code:
    C:\sdk\tools> adb shell
    # format SYSTEM:
    # format DATA:
    # format CACHE:
    # exit

    then make sure to unmount all 3 in mount options and choose install, allow update, then apply update.zip
    OK thanks doing it as I type.

    Then I will sign in and hope it restores everything.


    EDIT:
    I followed your instructions but when the device signed in the UD10 wallpaper was still there.
    Should it be, and if not is it safe to assume that there is other files left behind?

    Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 04-15-2010 at 09:52 PM.
    JW
  6. Master Droid
    bL33d's Avatar
    Member #
    22613
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    819
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #6
    i was just shown a way to do this easier. but also if u are running a modified launcher from bd that could be the problem aswell.

    Either way for future reference if u want to format data and cache like normal but also be able to format system u need to start useing clockwork recovery if u aren't allready.

    Just boot into recovery with clockwork and go to partition then it will have all options there to format everything then install what ever rom u want.

    Also clockwork recovery can easily be flashed to ur phone useing rom manger.
    Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
    iPad 16gb
    ----------------------------
    Old phones..
    Droid razr
    LG spectrum
    Thunderbolt
    Droid charge
    Droid X
    Fascinate
    og Droid
    droid eris
    iphone 3gs
  7. Droid
    cesareborgia's Avatar
    Member #
    52870
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    OK I have been reading all these he did she did and really I am not going to judge ANYONE or ANYTHING.
    Either side could be right , or wrong and really I am just a user of these nice customizations.
    Hey I know nothing about coding, theming, anything.
    I am clueless as to this stuff....
    I mean I don't even have my decoder ring any more for the secret message.


    That said, I have been using UD10 for a few days now and install it once a day because it locks up and just is more of a bother than a support.

    I need to go to a wake in another state this evening and when I wanted to use Google maps to find my way home it locked up.
    Pulled the battery and then it took 10 minutes to work.
    As you can see its more frustrating than its worth any longer.

    SO I sat there frustrated and wondering if BD threads would be open when I returned home...

    Which its not but after reading all this on who did what I now wonder if it is Cyanogen that isnt working.
    I mean if he stoled it then its a Cyanogen issue.

    AmI right?
    I was using UD 9.8, it was snappy and responsive, it didn't have too many force closes or other issues. But still I wanted something more stable, so when 10.0 came out I thought "aha, this will probably fix the issues". Well, to be honest 9.8 works much better than 10.0. When I upgraded I found it to be laggy, unresponsive, too many force closes and other issues. Then I tried the latest version of Koush's Cyanogen 5.0.6.0, and updated right after to 5.0.6.1 and wow, what a difference from UD 10.0 or even 9.8. A much more stable environment. I still have WiFi tethering and the support community is amazing.

    The trendy, jump on the boat, have all the possibly scripts and mods loaded is great for bragging rights, but bottom line is I want something slick and stable. Not to mention super fast and rock solid hard. Soon as 5.0.6.1 was out, there were even themes to apply, that fast.

    To be fair, I have un-installed back to basic 2.1 rooted and installed UD 9.8 with only RoboWars, and the same for 10.0 and Cyanogen 5.0.6.1. I wanted to see with nothing but the base ROMs and one game what the differences would be overclocked. I have no idea why this is, but this is what I found. UD 9.8 didn't heat up as fast after 10 min of gameplay as UD 10.0 but after 10 min on both I backed off my overclock speed from 1000 to 700 because the phone was heating up too hot, too fast. The battery depleted after 10 min to 80%, that kind of shocked me, so I made sure on each that I had a fully charged battery, 9.8 used a lot less battery life, but still UD 9.8 used 10% in 10 min, and UD 10.0 used 20% of the battery. Then I tried the exact same thing on Cyanogen. After 10 min of play I was still reading 100%, so I went into the menu to see what I actually used, and I was at 96% I never had to change the CPU overclock speed down from 1000 even after 30 min of gameplay.

    Cyanogen does everything I need or want, and a lot of things I just simply will never use. The themes are solid and look great, the support community is huge and there is one last thing I am really liking about Cyanogen over UD. The fact so many people have been using these ROMs for so very long.

    So if you are having issues with UD 10.0 or even 9,8 I would strongly suggest doing your own testing between the different ROMs, and simply deciding for yourself what has the functionality and look you want. In my opinion in every way, that would be Cyanogen.
    Today, I lost my cell phone. But found it again! And then dropped it in the toilet.
  8. 1up
    1up is offline
    Senior Droid
    1up's Avatar
    Member #
    58817
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    104
    Phone
    MotoDroid 2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bL33d View Post
    Download redromchaos and rename to update.zip place in root of sdcard.

    reboot into sprecovery then useing adb run these commands

    Code:
    C:\sdk\tools> adb shell
    # format SYSTEM:
    # format DATA:
    # format CACHE:
    # exit

    then make sure to unmount all 3 in mount options and choose install, allow update, then apply update.zip
    OK thanks doing it as I type.

    Then I will sign in and hope it restores everything.


    EDIT:
    I followed your instructions but when the device signed in the UD10 wallpaper was still there.
    Should it be, and if not is it safe to assume that there is other files left behind?


    Thanks
    It was saved to your Partitioned SD Card in SD-Ext, that's why.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Automatic Ad Blocking not working on UD10.
    By lpedreros in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 01:01 PM
  2. Engadget app F/C with UD10
    By Goldenshellback in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 07:17 PM
  3. tethering not working with Cyanogen 5.0.5.7
    By ucpro in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 08:16 PM
  4. wifi tether not working with cyanogen 5.0.4.2
    By ucpro in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM

Search tags for this page

cyanogen isnt finding contacts

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+