DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyanogenmod/UD Truth

1. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Thumbs up Cyanogenmod/UD Truth

Mods I'm not starting any flame-war, arguments, or debates so please treat this thread with respect. I understand if you want to lock it but please don't delete it "hiding" the truth of the matter. All I'm providing is the truth that UD is a copy/paste of Cyanogenmod.

This is exact same reason why Alldroid (great android developer community I'm actively a part of) gave him the boot (stealing work of others).

CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Donut tree.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...TY2FlNVE&hl=en

For those that don't understand compiling a source you can't have matching md5's on different source code compiles. UD being compiled from source is a completely false, if anything it's a compile with winzip *sarcasm*

Please be courteous and respectful in this thread it's only here to explain the honest truth of what's going on to everyone on this forum and the alike. I know some of you hate to believe black droid is a thief with his work but I'm sorry to be the one to tell you likewise (like telling a child Santa isn't real ).

I do hope the DF community will make the right decision in the end (whatever it may be).

Mod Edit: Mods, leave it alone for now..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wow the amount of post I miss from going to lunch and coming back. To help keep the thread on track again....

All this was about was showing the truth behind where UD stands. Black Droid blatantly stole the compiled finished ZIP file of the latest 5.0.5.7 koush cyanogen release and basically themed it, added apps, changed a few things and released it as his own. On top of that he....

Gave no credit or mention of cyanogen team or their work, claimed to build from googles source (which doesn't include mentioned cyanogen parts), blatantly lied to everyone's face, and is now hiding from showing his face out of embarrassment (since his lies where discovered!).

He's a fraud that knows how winzip works, and how to replace images in .apks, and how to release other peoples work "remixed". Not really much going on in the development aspect. If you asked him to fix a bug in his "UD 10" I'm sure it would involve waiting until cyanogen/koush fixed it to steal the latest framework files (and of course theme them).

He should have just taken the road of "blackdroid cyanogen/koush remix v1.0 etc etc" instead of taking the road of passing others work (sans theme and apks) as his own.

We haven't heard or seen from him yet because he can't hide behind lies anymore the truth is out and the embarrassment is to much.
    Last edited by TheMarkness; 04-15-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: update from post #127; reminder of the thread intent.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X (Rooted), Iphone 4 JB.
    Thanks for the heads up. Given this info, what a shame =(
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid

Re: Cyanogenmod/UD Truth

I wish blackdroid would just kiss and make up so this could be dropped already

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I don't know why BD felt that he needed to do this because UD 9.8 was awesome. Some folks complained that 10.0 was not as snappy as 9.8 and now we know why. I have always felt that BD's roms were smoother than CM.

I guess there were a few features of CM like 360 rotation and hold volume to skip tracks that BD either couldn't figure out how to add to his ROM or didn't want to take the time to develop.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    What if Cyanogen went back in time and stole it from BD?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    sad.... but very very true! and all the backup to prove it clearly.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    That spreadsheet is compelling.

I flashed Cyanogenmod just to check it out, and honestly, I didn't really see the similarities. I only looked for a few minutes, but there seemed to be an entire configuration page on UD10 that wasn't present in CM. 'sup with that?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    OK once again let me go over this a little bit and try to help clear some air.

Let me state I do not use koush's or BD's roms. I have used both and don't now, so I don't give a crap about sides.

But here's the thing: WHO CARES

All of the early roms for our phones were built from one source, koushs. Believe me or not, it's true. If you weren't around then, don't bother to argue. Most of the bigger name roms were all taken from a decompiled source that koush made. A lot still are. Very few people know what all is needed to build a whole new rom from base or source or whatever you wanna call it.

BD should give thanks to Koush for his work, that is for sure. But he isn't a thief. He isn't a bad guy. he is taking a rom and improving it into something most of you enjoy. So let's please stop acting like a bunch of over dramatic people and accept these two things:

Koush is invaluable to the android community. His work is well documented and celebrated everywhere.

BD is doing work most of us enjoy, so use it and like it or don't bother to worry about it.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    OK once again let me go over this a little bit and try to help clear some air.

Let me state I do not use koush's or BD's roms. I have used both and don't now, so I don't give a crap about sides.

But here's the thing: WHO CARES

All of the early roms for our phones were built from one source, koushs. Believe me or not, it's true. If you weren't around then, don't bother to argue. Most of the bigger name roms were all taken from a decompiled source that koush made. A lot still are. Very few people know what all is needed to build a whole new rom from base or source or whatever you wanna call it.

BD should give thanks to Koush for his work, that is for sure. But he isn't a thief. He isn't a bad guy. he is taking a rom and improving it into something most of you enjoy. So let's please stop acting like a bunch of over dramatic people and accept these two things:

Koush is invaluable to the android community. His work is well documented and celebrated everywhere.

BD is doing work most of us enjoy, so use it and like it or don't bother to worry about it.
    + 1 for this.

I do not think there should be this much drama and bickering in an open source community.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Well guess what guys.....I am not defending Blackdroid but this is how i see it and how it should be.

How about the guy that invented the wheel? How many others have "reinvented" it?

How about the guy that invented the first PC? How many different companies make it now?

How about the person that invented the first motorized car?

How about the guy that invented the cell phone?

Get the point yet?

So what he (BD) may/have used someone elses "code". So what? Thats what people do. Make others peoples "stuff" better.

Look at cars......american cars=crap . (to many reasons go into that statement) The fact is, Japan for instance, makes a quality car. Why? Because they took the "american" idea and perfected it. Americans come up with the ideas (great inventors and thinkers) and the foreign countries remove the quirks and make it better. That is what ROM makers do. They have ALL stolen from someone. FACT
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Links