DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Droid V10

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 -> X2

Arrow Ultimate Droid V10

Ok since I had some questions and we need a thread... Besides the mods can move this once they open the forum for it..

Feel free to use this thread discussion on UD10

Is the problem with titanium backup, is it specific to certain apps?? Or is it random..??
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by masters View Post
    Ok since I had some questions and we need a thread... Besides the mods can move this once they open the forum for it..

Feel free to use this thread discussion on UD10

Is the problem with titanium backup, is it specific to certain apps?? Or is it random..??
    for me, titanium backup couldn't restore any of my apps on UD 10 or with Cyanogen.. But I talked to koush about it on his forum, and he said that since the base is so new and different with Cyanogen (which is apparently what UD10 is built off of, for lack of a better term) the best solution would be to download the apps from the market again. It takes a little time, but it is nice to kind of get some spring cleaning done and not have any clutter. Cyanogen also has it set up so that old apps auto download, but I am not sure if that happens on UD10. The purchased apps should be in your market, in the downloads section.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1 -> X2
    Doh, Ok I thought some were working.. I'm only curious because there's a few games "world war" as an example that I don't want to lose the gameplay..

I went to 9.8 using Nandroid last time and the game was still there..

There is also UD help on IRC. GO HERE
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    the solution i found to restoring my apps was to use astro. you have to press install on each app but it is better than nothing. i am not sure if it saves app data though.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    No it doesn't restore app data
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzshow View Post
    No it doesn't restore app data
    unfortunate. i'm not sure how you can save that game data then. but apparently titanium works for some people. have you tried making a nandroid backup and then trying UD10 to see if you're one of the lucky ones that titanium works for? you can always go back if it doesn't.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid - Rooted.
    All these people are complaining about issues with UD10....I did a wipe/wipe cache, installed and restored everything back using Titanium backup just fine and I'm having no problems at all, other than losing 3g(but thats happening with this baseband...) Either way, it's running fine for me!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan3824 View Post
    All these people are complaining about issues with UD10....I did a wipe/wipe cache, installed and restored everything back using Titanium backup just fine and I'm having no problems at all, other than losing 3g(but thats happening with this baseband...) Either way, it's running fine for me!
    i wish i knew why titanium wasn't working for some of us. i am sure it is something minor that is causing it, but it is still frustrating.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Do a nandroid backup and use ROM manager click fix permissions could be that. Is you start getting fc then revert to your backup
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible!
    I'm really pleasantly surprised with UD10. I've been running cyanogenmod since 5.0.4 and had just about all of my apps on the sdcard using apps2sd. I used clockwork to flash sprecovery, downloaded UD10 from my phone, extracted using Linda file manager, rebooted into recovery and flashed. Upon reboot all my apps were recognized instantly, even though apps2sd wasn't enabled yet. I checked the box and haven't had one single problem other than having to redo all of my user settings. We reeeeaaaally need an app that backs up user settings so we don't have to continually put in our google account, facebook, or other email info every time. If anybody knows of one let me know. So far this rom has everything i've been wanting. 270 rotation, apps2sd, reboot option, 3d launcher (although i'm not sold on the app drawer button on the side of helix), and what looks to be a modified version of the Droid Neural Net lwp, which is close enough for me. I just think the LED's look more refined. Doesn't hurt that the wallpaper is bad ass too. Well played, sir.
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Links