DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Droid V10

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I was also having problems with titanium backup. I couldn't get pretty much any program to restore properly. The way I got Titanium Backup to work was by first restoring back to UD 9.8 with nandroid. I deleted all my previous Titanium Backups and then clicked the problems tab on titanium backup. This upgraded my busybox version to a much newer build. I then redid all of my backups. I they installed UD 10 fresh and did all of my initial sign ins and setups. Next I reinstalled Titanium Backups and once again upgraded my Busybox to the newest version via the problems tab. I then did a batch restore of all missing programs except for a few that were system programs not present in this build of UD. All of my programs restored perfectly except for WIFI tether and Google goggles. I was able to go and download those seperate without issue and I was done. I pretty much restored 84 or 86 backups successfully so I was pretty happy. I certainly didn't want to manually reinstall 86 programs. Hope this helps others.

Now if I can just figure out how to get themes to install again via update.zip I'll be good.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by THAWARRIOR10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chris420o View Post
    Yeah I was upset only with my hancent data not being restored...a few games worked I don't use titanium for all my apps bc I feel on new builds u should start fresh...I believe this is why I never get any issues like a lot of...for lack of a better term lazy/newby people get n flood the threads with all their glitches n buggs n what not n blame the rom...god I hate that...anywho I just hate losing all my text messages n some but few game data...anyone try titanium on v10 n do a handcent data backup n see if it works bc I'm considering wiping and reflashing with dif theme just don't wanna lose my text data
    Yeah I tried it last night and it lost all my texts messages...

You tried while on udv10 to udv10?? Or from a previous build to v10?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Oh I do have a serious question....how do I get rid of the vibrate when I call n hang up on someone n whyy isn't my phone ringing?? I'm not on silent or vib n someone called n I heard nada
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I've been having a lot of problems with ud10. It keeps restarting my phone for some reason and of coarse the backup didn't work that well either....anyone else's phone keeps restarting?

Your a perfect example of what I meant.....not hating on u but u deff didn't wipe data/cache(I do each 3x) and do a nandroid restore and re dl/install ur apps....do that u won't have problems

and not to be hating on you, but this is what i preach in my classes everyday, get the facts before you start calling people out. i actually did it 6 times each.....
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Yeah I was upset only with my hancent data not being restored...a few games worked I don't use titanium for all my apps bc I feel on new builds u should start fresh...I believe this is why I never get any issues like a lot of...for lack of a better term lazy/newby people get n flood the threads with all their glitches n buggs n what not n blame the rom...god I hate that...anywho I just hate losing all my text messages n some but few game data...anyone try titanium on v10 n do a handcent data backup n see if it works bc I'm considering wiping and reflashing with dif theme just don't wanna lose my text data
    Yeah I tried it last night and it lost all my texts messages...

You tried while on udv10 to udv10?? Or from a previous build to v10?

i went from 9.8 to 10 and it didn't save it....oh well!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    guys, it takes 10-15 minutes to install your apps again... just re-install them and be done.

yeah that's what i ended up doing too but i got a question, how can you locate/download/install an app that is no longer provided on the market? is there a place i can search for that? thanks in advance...
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Oh I do have a serious question....how do I get rid of the vibrate when I call n hang up on someone n whyy isn't my phone ringing?? I'm not on silent or vib n someone called n I heard nada
    yeah my phone was like that for bit too! when i went to pick a new ringtone, all i had was silent! i just rebooted my phone and all my ringers came back...silly question but did you try that already?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've been having a lot of problems with ud10. It keeps restarting my phone for some reason and of coarse the backup didn't work that well either....anyone else's phone keeps restarting?

Your a perfect example of what I meant.....not hating on u but u deff didn't wipe data/cache(I do each 3x) and do a nandroid restore and re dl/install ur apps....do that u won't have problems
    Not necessarily...I wiped 2x prior to installation. I've had the browser close on me a few times and the phone has randomly restarted twice.

Although, I didn't have a single problem with titanium backup.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have looked around, so sorry if this has been answered before. The last 2 nights I have tried installing ud10, first the nexus themed version and the droid mod version. Both have these reboots pretty much after the load of the new rom,and it seems to kick off right after I sign into my google account. I have clean wiped and formatted twice as instructed, then load the rom. I had this same problem with 9.8 with the nexus theme, and after a few loads it never happened again. So perhaps it is something I am doing wrong, but I never had this problem before. Wipe twice, clean nandroid install, no change to oc kernel or any program install sets it off, tried a different kernel after the rebooting starts and there is no change. Been using ud rom for many versions now with out issue, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or may be able to provide some assistance if possible.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky1819 View Post
    I was also having problems with titanium backup. I couldn't get pretty much any program to restore properly. The way I got Titanium Backup to work was by first restoring back to UD 9.8 with nandroid. I deleted all my previous Titanium Backups and then clicked the problems tab on titanium backup. This upgraded my busybox version to a much newer build. I then redid all of my backups. I they installed UD 10 fresh and did all of my initial sign ins and setups. Next I reinstalled Titanium Backups and once again upgraded my Busybox to the newest version via the problems tab. I then did a batch restore of all missing programs except for a few that were system programs not present in this build of UD. All of my programs restored perfectly except for WIFI tether and Google goggles. I was able to go and download those seperate without issue and I was done. I pretty much restored 84 or 86 backups successfully so I was pretty happy. I certainly didn't want to manually reinstall 86 programs. Hope this helps others.

Now if I can just figure out how to get themes to install again via update.zip I'll be good.
    I've been having the exact same problem with Titanium Backup. I'm going to try your method and make another attempt to go to UD10. If worst comes to worst, I guess I could manually install the apps like was previously suggested, however I like the settings of some of those apps restored too....like Timeriffic, I have about 12 different scenarios for when it is to trigger a change to my Droid.

Has anyone been in contact with Joel, the developer of T.B. yet? I haven't had the time but am planning on doing that tonight after work.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links