DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing fonts on UDv10

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Installing fonts on UDv10

Ok, since the blackdroid section is locked down right now I am going to try and ask this here.

I tried installing a font package from the repository through the update.zip method in sprecovery and just get stuck at the Motorola logo on boot so I went back to a nandroid backup.

Are the fonts currently not working on v10? or is it just that you can't do the update.zip method with them on v10?

If there is another way to install the fonts, I would be happy to know.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I believe alot of the extras like that (fonts, boot anims, lwps), the current update.zips are not compatible with v10. I think I saw BD post somewhere in that bottomless-post that he's working on making everything compatible.

Just sit tight and everything will be brought up to speed soon.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I was able to change the font in UD10 using the free version of metamorph. Easy peasy.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID!
    Quote Originally Posted by ravichopra View Post
    I was able to change the font in UD10 using the free version of metamorph. Easy peasy.
    Where did you get the fonts from?

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You can use any true type font. BTW I think you an also push them into your system with root explorer.

Someone had posted a metamorph theme in the Themes forum with over 20 fonts to choose from. Probably the easiest way to go if you are new to this.
  7. SDI
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 2
    Can anyone please tell me how to load anything onto UD version 10? I was trying to load the version 10 live wallpapers and it keeps getting stuck at the M logo? I have tried using clockwork and spr and both do the same thing?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I actually ended up installing the font that I wanted by using terminal on the droid and jut copying the two font files from my sd card over to the fonts folder in system, replacing the current ones and that worked great.

SDI - so you did the update.zip method for the live wallpapers?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ravichopra View Post
    You can use any true type font. BTW I think you an also push them into your system with root explorer.

Someone had posted a metamorph theme in the Themes forum with over 20 fonts to choose from. Probably the easiest way to go if you are new to this.
    I manually pushed .ttf fonts and am using UD 10.0. It works fine. Most of the themes through MM or the themes in update.zip format do not work. If you are having problems I suggest just simply waiting until UD 10.0 is updated to be compatible.
  10. SDI
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JStandiford21 View Post
    I actually ended up installing the font that I wanted by using terminal on the droid and jut copying the two font files from my sd card over to the fonts folder in system, replacing the current ones and that worked great.

Yes i took the blue driod eye live wall paper from black droid's repository that was labeled under v10 live wallpapers and loaded it to my computer and renamed to update.zip then went into spr recovery and tried to install it and on boot it just hung at the M logo and had to do a battery pull and then restore. I also tried through clock work and it did the same thing?
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SDI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JStandiford21 View Post

Yes i took the blue driod eye live wall paper from black droid's repository that was labeled under v10 live wallpapers and loaded it to my computer and renamed to update.zip then went into spr recovery and tried to install it and on boot it just hung at the M logo and had to do a battery pull and then restore. I also tried through clock work and it did the same thing?
    Hmm, I just tried to install a livewallpaper using the method I used for my font and it didn't like that, my phone is fine and the wallpaper is installed, but it force closes when trying to select it. Maybe I will try it with one of the V10 ones and see what it does.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links