Hey everyone I compiled this from the latest cyanogen_sholes-eng source. It is ESE81 based and themed with the original Smoked Glass with NO blue. I really hope you enjoy it as I have been the past day using it
This is an official otapackage. I just edited the zip after compilation to include one of Chevy's 7 slot kernels (because compiling OC kernels is not my forte, as soon as I learn to do this properly I will include my own OC kernel), all the Google apps, and to include Helix2 and the Smoked images.
I also left all stock apps in this because I know some people do use them. Feel free to delete any you might not want.
**MUST WIPE DATA & CACHE**
If Using ClockworkMod Recovery:
1) Place zip in root of your sdcard
2) Reboot into recovery and WIPE DATA & CACHE
3) Choose "Install zip from sdcard"
4) Then "Choose zip from sdcard"
5) Select the zip and allow it to install
6) Reboot after the installation is finished
If Using SPRecovery:
1) Place zip in root of sdcard
2) Rename to update (so it says update.zip)
3) Reboot into recovery and WIPE DATA & CACHE
4) Choose "Install"
5) Choose "Allow /sdcard/update.zip installation"
6) Choose "Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)"
7) Allow it to install
8) Reboot after zip installation is finished
Where Credit Is Due:
1) koush (for providing our MotoDroids with the best vendor setup)
2) cyanogen (for ALL his hard work throughout Android history )
3) ChevyNo1 (for his great OC kernel)
4) AdamZ (for his awesome theme)
5) Ruqq (for the HelixLauncher2; please donate for their hard work on this awesome launcher)
6) sniffles (for his GREAT write-up over at Alldroid)
7) Topsy (for answering some of my stupid questions about compiling Android)
8) adrynalyne (for answering more of my stupid questions about compiling; and also a great modified Superuser.apk and su binary)
9) haxzamatic & manup (Nextheme icons)
-All 2.1 goodies
-Helix2 (that works)
-7 slot OC kernel (125MHz-1100MHz)
-Original Smoked Glass Themed
-Custom terminal scripts
1) srw = mount system as read/write
2) sro = mount system as read/only and also syncs
3) rmcd = Deletes CarDock
4) rmmp3 = Deletes Amazon mp3
5) rmcorp = Deletes Corporate Calendar
6) rmdev = Deletes Development app
7) rme = Deletes Email
8) rmfb = Deletes Facebook
9) rmgg = Deletes GoogleGoggles
10) rmgv = Deletes Goggle Voice
11) rmh2 = Deletes HelixLauncher2
12) rmlw = Deletes all stock Live Wallpapers
13) rmmaps = Deletes Maps
14) rmtext = Deletes stock Messaging app
15) rmmusic = Deletes stock Music app
16) rmqo = Deletes QuickOffice
17) rmsp = Deletes SpareParts
18) rmy = Deletes YouTube
19) rmb = Deletes stock Browser
20) rmcal = Deletes stock Calendar
21) rmcalc = Deletes stock Calculator
22) rmallextracrap = Deletes Calculator, Calendar, CarDock, Amazon mp3, Corporate Calendar, Development, Email, GoogleGoggles, Goggle Voice, All Live Wallpapers, QuickOffice
**IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DELETE APPS**
hideB = hides stock Browser
hideCal = hides stock Calendar
hideCalc = hides stock Calculator
hideCD = hides CarDock
hideCorp = hides Corporate Calendar
hideDev = hides Development app
hideEmail = hides Email app
hideFB = hides Facebook
hideGG = hides Google Goggles
hideGV = hides Google Voice
hideH2 = hides HelixLauncher2
hideLWs = hides all stock Live Wallpapers
hideMaps = hides Maps
hidemp3 = hides Amazom mp3 app
hideMusic = hides stock Music app
hideQO = hides QuickOffice
hideSS = hides Spare Parts
hideText = hides stock Messaging app
hideYT = hides YouTube
unhideB = unhides stock Browser
unhideCal = unhides stock Calendar
unhideCalc = unhide stock Calculator
unhideCD = unhides CarDock
unhideCorp = unhides Corporate Calendar
unhideDev = unhides Development app
unhideEmail = unhides Email app
unhideFB = unhides Facebook
unhideGG = unhides Google Goggles
unhideGV = unhides Google Voice
unhideH2 = unhides HelixLauncher2
unhideLWs = unhides all stock Live Wallpapers
unhideMaps = unhides Maps
unhidemp3 = unhides Amazon mp3 app
unhideMusic = unhides stock Music app
unhideQO = unhides QuickOffice
unhideSS = unhides Spare Parts
unhideText = unhides stock Messaging app
unhideYT = unhides YouTube
**IF YOU PLAN TO USE HELIX2 PLEASE READ**
Ok for some reason, since I have Helix2 included in the /system partition, if you allow the Market to sync your apps after logging into your google account, the Market WILL sync the OLD Helix2 that does NOT work on ESE81 to your /data partition. Therefore causing constant FC's if you choose the HelixLauncher2 after Market syncs your apps.
**To Avoid This**
--If you WANT the Market to sync all your apps, after signing into your google account, press Home button and choose HOME. Give the Market about 5 minutes to sync without opening Market. Go to:
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
Choose the Helix2 app from the list and UNINSTALL it. Now you can press your Home button soft key, and safely choose HelixLauncher2.
--If you DON'T want the Market to sync your apps, simply press your Home button soft key after signing into your Google account, and choose HelixLauncher2. Open the Market and press your Menu button soft key and choose Downloads. You will notice it says Helix2 is already installed but its referring to the new one that I put in /system. As long as you open the Market as soon as you sign into your account, it will not sync your apps, and will stop as soon as you open Market.
With ROMs built directly from source, I have noticed that the first boot is always kind of slow and laggy. I've noticed this with all source builds I've tried including CyanogenMod, UD 9.8 and SS 3.0. You have to keep in mind that, whenever you first install a source build onto your Droid, this is technically the first time the particular build has ever been applied to a phone (unless the ROM built from source is provided as a nandroid backup). So sign in, and follow instructions about Helix2 and let it get situated. Then reboot the phone and set your SetCPU settings accordingly to your preference.
Also, even though this was built from koush's cyanogen vendor setup, doesn't mean bekit's CyanogenMod OC kernels work. Only use the kernels by ChevyNo1 and/or AdamZ if you would like another kernel.
Thanx everyone and I hope you enjoy!
Download: Smoked ESE81
Leave questions/suggestions/comments/bugs in this thread.