DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyanogenmod 5.0.5.6 is Out

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Mms

Are MMS video messages coming through ok in this build? My MMS videos would not play on 5.0.5.4 and I believe it was a known bug.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nokia flip phone
    Thanks bgill I'm gonna try this
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Just curious did anyone check tried this.. Animated GIF support in the browser..?

This would be great for weather radar
    ROOTED THUNDERBOLTRunning DasBAMF 1.3

FOLLOW ME:https://twitter.com/tdog7879
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    went back to 5054 my phone was doing a couple weird thing s even after messing with it trying to fix them i will wait for a week or so then try it and see if the problems were fixed
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Verizon HTC One M8 (Root)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by romanrish View Post
    Yeah I am currently running. It is a great build as Koush always is. ESE81 base. Launcher 2 isn't in it, but Koush said it will be available again soon.

have you set up your App2sd yet? if so has the option been available to move apps back and forth from sd card to system I see that now! Thats awesome!!!
    I tried to set it up *epic failure* but after giving up the attempt to get it to work correctly I have to wonder about the writes to the SSD cutting its lifespan. I also saw the posts about using type 6 SSD even though the system doesnt make use of speeds above a type 2. So.. I'll let it go till 2.2 is releases and then go from there.
    *Disclaimer: I tend to speak what pops in my head immediately when it happens. As a result when I type it, the idea sounds great.. more often than not I realize after the fact that I was incorrect or shoot down my own theories. Flaming me does no good as I most likely have done it myself already.
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    bgill55
    Phone
    D1,DX,N1,Tbolt, Bio,10.1tab
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by romanrish View Post
    Yeah I am currently running. It is a great build as Koush always is. ESE81 base. Launcher 2 isn't in it, but Koush said it will be available again soon.

have you set up your App2sd yet? if so has the option been available to move apps back and forth from sd card to system I see that now! Thats awesome!!!
    I tried to set it up *epic failure* but after giving up the attempt to get it to work correctly I have to wonder about the writes to the SSD cutting its lifespan. I also saw the posts about using type 6 SSD even though the system doesnt make use of speeds above a type 2. So.. I'll let it go till 2.2 is releases and then go from there.

I have it set up on my stock card no issues yet! its nice to see my available memory on my system and I have tons of apps loaded!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    i had it apps2sd running perfectly in 5.0.5.4. when i upgarded to 5.0.5.6, the apps showed up in the homescreen, but when i ran them, there were errors. i had to reinstall them for it to work.

ultimately i decided to go back to 5.0.5.4 for the time being. i really miss helix2 not working in .6. i had to reinstall the apps on /sd-ext again for it to work in .4 again...
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I loadeed this up finally after using UD for awhile and decided to try out CM till blackdroid gets his ese81 ROM out and I like it, love the battery % in the notification bar but man has CM been hot for me I idle at 29degrees C which is normal with all ROMs I've use but just going on the internet I'm up to 43degrees as opposed to ~37degrees on UD.... I've tried both the kernals for CM at 1000 Ghz
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Cyan runs hot for me when i wifi tether ro run gps, average 41c but honestly thats well below the max of around 70c for the processor so im not worried
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I installed this today to give it a try here's what I noticed:
    -Install went fine.
    -RAM free seemed less of the get go than the previous version (not by much and still more than any other rom)
    -Had to download an overclocked kernel image for set cpu as opposed to previous release
    -I downloaded the baseband update and things got a little hairy. I was stuck trying to reactivate my phone for about 15 minutes with little success. I had no keyboard to select activate when prompted. After tinkering for some time I found that if I opened the keypad and hit the number 3 followed by 0 I could talk to someone at verizon to manually activate or by press in the numbered 2 button I could get an activation "attempt" but was unsuccessful at activating. To fix this I set my phone down on the counter and walked away and came back 15 min later and it had a message saying activation was successful. (seriously). This was probably my own doing because I'm not sure it was even compatible with 5.0.5.6.
    -Overlayed the nex theme (like a charm and b-e-a-utiful)!

Overall the ROM seems pretty snappy! The only transition that I notice now is the opening of the phone app and the messaging app. It seems that they are kind of choppey and I wonder if thats not the ese81 know 2D graphics deceleration issue. I am going to run this one for a couple of days see what I like about it and put it through my paces but seems to be pretty stable (one core force close after baseband update initially)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links