DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Droid 9.0.0. MAKE the switch trust me!!!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I seem to be the only person in the world that dislikes ultimate droid!!! It would be a perfect 10 for me if you could read things that are in the shade. However sportstap is completely unreadable and many other apps are hard to read or also unreadable. It seems like a HUGE oversight. Am I the only person that uses the shade? I would prefer to use cyanogenmod instead but I have this feeling that I get much better battery life on ultimate droid.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by givmedew View Post
    I seem to be the only person in the world that dislikes ultimate droid!!! It would be a perfect 10 for me if you could read things that are in the shade. However sportstap is completely unreadable and many other apps are hard to read or also unreadable. It seems like a HUGE oversight. Am I the only person that uses the shade? I would prefer to use cyanogenmod instead but I have this feeling that I get much better battery life on ultimate droid.
    This is all in the theming I believe. Now with version 9.0 it is themeable so I'm sure somone could fix the font color on these apps with a theme. But the apps on UD9.0.0 that are preinstalled all have the correct font color!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by thorn11166 View Post
    when i go to app drawer it is always blank for about 10 to 15 sec and home always does a reset and is slow to load. any ideas why?
    What kernel did you install? I know BD doesn't recommend the use of any Low voltage kernels because problems have been encountered with them. He leaves them as an option for those who really want to work with them but doesn't recommend them. I'm running one of the medium voltage chevy kernels.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    im still runing the 8.6.3, only reason is the stock launchers/app drawers are not included in the new 9.0 version. i know i know just get rom manager and it has customizer option im sorry but im not paying for an app like i did the sholes app and the dev discontued support....
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by richard713 View Post
    im still runing the 8.6.3, only reason is the stock launchers/app drawers are not included in the new 9.0 version. i know i know just get rom manager and it has customizer option im sorry but im not paying for an app like i did the sholes app and the dev discontued support....
    I understand your hesitancy to pay for "another" ROM updater but really in the scheme of things a couple of dollars to those who work tirelessly at our demand doesn't feel all that bad! I too donated to Sholes Mod and was mad when that whole thing fell to pieces but again I think my money was still well spent for their time even if it was short lived! Besides I think the squabble within Sholes had to do with the distribution of income from the app where as there is no distribution of money in ROM manager it all goes to Koush who developed it and he supports the devs by allowing them to use his simple updater to release their work to the masses!
  6. Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Premium Member
    I just installed this using DMUpdater method in the video on this site, very nice rom.
    Last edited by dmacleo; 04-05-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    Dave MacLeod

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    i love this thing!!!!!!! but then again i came from 2.0.1 (or whatever).

stupid fast!!!

oh yeah, thanks to *********** (prefers to remain anonymous) for rooting for me!!!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BBv1.0
    first of all i am a noob haha

im currently running bbv.9. and sprevory 2 i think. is it that simple where i just buy the regular and premium app and update?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've used both Ultimate Droid and Cyanogenmod and prefer CM. With the new 5.0.5.7 update from yesterday, this thing is a LOT more stable and quick than the previous versions, not to mention it has many features built into the OS.

For me:
    CM>UD
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidHoff View Post
    I understand your hesitancy to pay for "another" ROM updater but really in the scheme of things a couple of dollars to those who work tirelessly at our demand doesn't feel all that bad! I too donated to Sholes Mod and was mad when that whole thing fell to pieces but again I think my money was still well spent for their time even if it was short lived! Besides I think the squabble within Sholes had to do with the distribution of income from the app where as there is no distribution of money in ROM manager it all goes to Koush who developed it and he supports the devs by allowing them to use his simple updater to release their work to the masses!
    wowza im glad i didnt jump on that bandwagon...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links