DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Droid 9.0.0. MAKE the switch trust me!!!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    anyone that has ran Cyanogen 5.0.5.4 and Ultimate Droid 9.0 care to give his or her opinion?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've actually swapped between both in the past two days... CM lets you run scripts, is easier on phone memory, is very customizable once you've installed the basics. UD is awesome by the way it lets you configure it through ROM manager. Both are stable, but I'm sticking with CyanogenMod for now.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I think most of the issues with clockwork were earlier versions. Haven't had a single issue with the latest one. ROM manager just makes everything so easy though
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tsitalon1 View Post
    Agree, I LOVE UD9.0!!!!

I don't understand how it works so well with ESE27, as I assume is a very outdated release.

None the less, I LOVE this release!
    ERE27 is the latest release for teh nexus one.... it's not outdated by any means... a higher number does not mean newer all the time.....

Quote Originally Posted by machineheadg2r View Post
    I think most of the issues with clockwork were earlier versions. Haven't had a single issue with the latest one. ROM manager just makes everything so easy though
    I had nothing but trouble with rom manager.... I went back to sprecovery.... but last night in order to do some updating I installed rom manager and so far so good. The biggest issue I had were failing backups... and I have yet to run one with the latest version... so time will tell.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    ERE27 is the latest release for teh nexus one.... it's not outdated by any means... a higher number does not mean newer all the time.....
    Thanks for the clarification!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett480 View Post
    anyone that has ran Cyanogen 5.0.5.4 and Ultimate Droid 9.0 care to give his or her opinion?
    I've run Cyanogens 5.0.5.4 and its great! Cyanogen is really truelly a great developer and his roms are built from the bottom up from code I believe. Any other day I would take a Cyanogen ROM over most but UD9.0.0 is that good! True I don't have as much free ram (different than CM by about 40mb) but I run a fair amount of apps and still have around 150mb. The transitions in UD9.0.0 are blazingly fast, like jimmy johns freaky fast! Android has always lagged a bit in this department, transitioning. How many times have you read about I know its fast and it is great but it just doesn't feel as snappy as an I word. I'm telling you with this build it is faster PERIOD! But try them both, download ROM Manager premium and give them both a rip and decide for yourself! Its a great problem to have! kind of like deciding how to spend your PowerBall jackpot!!!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (UltimateDroid)
    I agree. UltimateDroid 9.0 is the first ROM i've ran that i've truly been wowed by. SO smooth, SO fast, SO stable. I use my Droid HARD, really push it to the limits, and I've not had a single force close. Even on the stock 2.0.1 I used to get force closes all the time. Not a single one over the past couple days.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I wonder if the good UD and bad UD experiences are dependent on the kernel chosen during the install.

I might try out UD soon, sooo what kernels did you guys choose (good and bad experiences)?

My CyanogenMod experience was pretty bad. I put it when it was 5.0.5 and the whole system felt slower. Home screens (no matter whether launcher, home, or helix) were especially slow.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droiditized
    for the record it is easy to roll back and your not doomed to the stock 2.1 update. I goofed and installed the forced 2.1 update.
    I did this
    Droid 2.0.1 sbf file released!
    and now I am on Ultimate Droid 9.0. No regrets. definitely worth the half hour it took to root for the first time...
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID!!!
    when i go to app drawer it is always blank for about 10 to 15 sec and home always does a reset and is slow to load. any ideas why?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links