DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nandroid backup is not working? BD 8.6.3

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

nandroid backup is not working? BD 8.6.3

i was getting ready to do some playing around with a theme so like i should, i did a nandroid backup using clockwork. when the phone reboot i started having major issues? i have done a backup before and everything worked out right so i know its not that. but when i first reboot i was getting a helixlauncher FC and coulnt do anything. had to do a battery pull and tried to reboot, same thing. so i loaded the backup i had just created and now i dont get the helix FC but now i have a bunch of missing apps. i tried to redownload them through titanium, my backup pro, and the market... with no luck... so i decided to go to an older nandroid backup i had created the day before and same thing!? missing apps and cant load them to save my life? what could have gone wrong? and what can i do to fix it? do i need to do a data wipe before running restoring a backup? could that be the issue? could i fix it if i flash a new ROM? im nervouse to do to much trying to fix it since the nandroid backups dont seem to be working?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    just tried to reload the BD ROM and now rom managaer is giving me "an error occured while attempting to run privileged commands"??
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID
    I've also had problems with backups using clockwork. I backed up blackdroids Ultimate 8.6.3 and when i restored I had 7-8 apps that were missing. When I tried to reinstall I would get error messages stating that the app was already installed and when I tried titanium restore it would only say "application was not installed" with no reason why. I wont use clockwork to backup and restore any more. I just flash back into sprecovery then backup and reflash to clockwork to use its rom features. I don't know why this happened but it was really aggravating as I had to re set up the ultimate 8.6.3 again and start over. Thank the dev for titanium backup.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    so reflashing the ROM worked for you? ROM mangaer wont even let me do it... so im trying to boot into recovery and do it that way but getting some issues... i dont see how creatinf a backup can cause such problems? and did you have to do a data wipe or anything?
    Last edited by yamaha83; 03-30-2010 at 11:15 AM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I had the same problem. Now the Rom manager premium which I purchased yesterday is gone and rom manager won't let me do anything. Afraid I may have go back to stock and start over again.
    That's Ms. Droidee to you!
    D2-Learning all over again

[IMG]file:///Users/miriammontanez/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/miriammontanez/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Missing apps can be fixed by using fix permissions. Swithcing between ROMs, modifying /system, and other such things often mess up the packages.xml.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    when i click fix permisions i get "an error occured while attempting to run privileged commands" and wont let me do it. it also tells me there is a new version of clockwork and when i click to install i get FC... i did factory reset and wiped everything and now when i use backup pro i got everything back but now my facebook wont sync when it was before messing up... and my ROM manager still wont work...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by koush View Post
    Missing apps can be fixed by using fix permissions. Swithcing between ROMs, modifying /system, and other such things often mess up the packages.xml.
    shouldnt going back to a nandroid backup be able to fix any issues though? i thought that was the reason for doing a backup?
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by koush View Post
    shouldnt going back to a nandroid backup be able to fix any issues though? i thought that was the reason for doing a backup?
    See if you can run su from a Terminal Emulator. You might also want to try uninstalling and reinstalling ROM Manager. What ROM are you on?
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    im on 8.6.3. i cant get ROM manager to work, i see an update in the market and i was hoping that would fix it... but every time i try to download something from the market the market gets a FC... i try and uninstall ROM Manager from from the market and is gives me a server error and wont let me do it... i have no idea what went wrong and i even did a clean install of 8.6.3 from a update.zip after a factory reset?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links