DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow could Koush be anymore on top of it?!?!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Wow could Koush be anymore on top of it?!?!

I mean I have never seen anything like this exponential progress with Clockworkmod recovery and Rom Manager.

Seriously I am getting several updates a day on each one. Then on top of that cranking out daily ROM updates.

Props to Black Droid for jumping on board and keeping up w/ Koush also cranking out updates.

I would have to think that his process for resolving bugs and flaws is to fix it as soon as he gets them. Instead of letting them pile up and fixing a bunch at one time, and listening to everyone pee and moan the whole time about "man I am so tired of the <insert> bug that I am flashing to <insert> ROM till he gets this under control"

I have paid apps that might get updated every couple of months, and there just became a paid/donate version of this, and honestly this weekend I think I am going to his site to personally drop another donation. Mainly because I think his work and pursuit of perfection in his work is amazing.

Every day is like Christmas w/ Rom Manager and Clockwork. Even if you are using Ultimate Droid you cannot deny the awesomeness of the Rom Manager. I have already received more OTA updates w/ Rom Manager than I have from Verizon/Google. I feel sorry for all the people who are still anxiously waiting on 2.1. I have all I need
  2. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    totally agreed...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    well rom manager is like scond on list as top paid apps so he is making some cash for his efforts which is nice to see.
    Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
    iPad 16gb
    ----------------------------
    Old phones..
    Droid razr
    LG spectrum
    Thunderbolt
    Droid charge
    Droid X
    Fascinate
    og Droid
    droid eris
    iphone 3gs
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bL33d View Post
    well rom manager is like scond on list as top paid apps so he is making some cash for his efforts which is nice to see.
    Wow that is amazing considering the Rom Manager Paid version was just a paid version as of a couple of days ago. Before that it was just a donate that didn't do anything to the Rom Manager itself. He then turned it into a paid version. The fact that it is one of the top apps even when it wasn't required to pay for it just means many people feel that he deserved something for all that work.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by romanrish View Post
    Wow that is amazing considering the Rom Manager Paid version was just a paid version as of a couple of days ago. Before that it was just a donate that didn't do anything to the Rom Manager itself. He then turned it into a paid version. The fact that it is one of the top apps even when it wasn't required to pay for it just means many people feel that he deserved something for all that work.

I totally agree with you man. This ROM is just flat out awesome quality. I love it.

And speaking of how ROM Manager did so good as it was just a donation app, remember how good SholesMod Updater did? lol it sold through the damn roof man. And people could download it absolutely free at the sholes.info site and pay nothing at all....

That shows how many people are out there flashing ROMs and dabbling in this stuff.

And it's great to see our hard working devs making some good money from this

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by romanrish View Post

I totally agree with you man. This ROM is just flat out awesome quality. I love it.

And speaking of how ROM Manager did so good as it was just a donation app, remember how good SholesMod Updater did? lol it sold through the damn roof man. And people could download it absolutely free at the sholes.info site and pay nothing at all....

That shows how many people are out there flashing ROMs and dabbling in this stuff.

And it's great to see our hard working devs making some good money from this
    Koushes clockwork is the same as dmupdater in that respect. You can use the free version and ota download and install both the recovery and cyanogen/koush rom.

The paid/donate version gives you bonus access to other roms to install, OTA updates for the current rom instead of reinstalling, and I think kernels....
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Actually, if ROM Manager could root for you too, it would be great for a lot of newbies! I don't think DMupdater is up on the market yet, so that's a big opportunity right there.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Staying with the "legalness" of everything, I can imagine koush won't go for this.

That and once 2.1 hits there will be a different method of rooting, most likely.

That and if Rom manager is being used for other phones as well, well it just adds a whole new level of headaches.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I've forseen this stuff, for a while devs have given us stuff for free, and it's great stuff.

I'm sure they have received plenty of donations, but now there is a terrific way to perhaps make a profit on their work, and at the same time improve the process of maintaining thier ROMS, etc.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I came in as a newbie to Android having my previous phone being a HTC TP2. Always been a huge WinMo fan previously because you could basically do anything you want with it (ex I had flash and Opera and VLC and Fennec and many emulators running on my TP2). So needless to say it way a huge step back to revert to a stock droid.

That is what led me to the safe route of rooting and installing first ROM through DROIDMOD. This is because I had done much hacking before on WinMo phones, and was very aware of careless damage that can be done, and was not at all familiar with any Linux based software or code. I had to have freedom and that was my quickest route.

The main problem with that is I did all of that w/out gaining the slightest bit of insight into how to get to the end result. My job is to write simple programs and create databases for my Corp. I am very tech savvy and do best when I have a result and reverse build everything (backtrack to figure how things work i.e. taking apart a computer or VCR to see how it works and trying to recreate that result).

Then I found clockwork recovery and ROM manager. I then taught myself through being able to feel comfortable with creating my own backup and confident in messing around to do all customizations manually and import compatible items.

ROM manager makes it easy to move back and forth between ROMS I currently have an up to date version backup of 9 different ROMS. Every morning I wake up 1 hr early update all apps, create new backups, and delete old of each. That way my if my daily flavor changes. I am never stepping back always forward.

I can't read a post about a ROM or new feature without trying it out. Currently running CYANmod 5.0.5.3 w/ xRom 1.0 theme. This morning till about 3 I was running Ult Droid 8.1.1 using many options from the UD customizer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links