DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Rom manager and Cyan 5.0.5.3 Problem

  1. Droid
    masprague's Avatar
    Member #
    43492
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    80
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Rom manager and Cyan 5.0.5.3 Problem

    Hey all

    I just bought and installed rom manager after installing the free one. So naturally I installed 5.5. So today there is a market update for rom manager. I installed it and updated clockwork.

    I didn't get any ota update about the new release of 5.5.3. Should I have gotten one? Also is it important to update?

    When I click on check for Rom Updates nothing happens.

    Any ideas???
  2. Senior Droid
    agent42o's Avatar
    Member #
    32034
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    227
    Phone
    Droid/Cyanogen
    #2
    It's some minor fixes.

    CHANGELOG at eclair from cyanogen's android_vendor_cyanogen - GitHub

    From the Changelog:

    ---- 5.0.5.3-N1
    * Fix issue with backuptool not formatting /system
    * Fix NPE crash in music app

    ---- 5.0.5.2-N1
    * Actually fix the OpenVPN issues
    * Added additional Chinese translations from clockrun
    * A2SD fixes: prune dex cache and reset permissions on protected packages
    * Revert the MMS layout changes to fix the right-side icons
    * Kernel brought up to date with Google
    * Fix issue where the install fails on a clean or non CM /system
    * Fix a minor bug in Superuser app
    * Disable V8 in Webkit and switch back to JSC due to app incompatibilities
    * Default white "breathing light" is customizable (from ChainsDD)

    ---- 5.0.5.1-N1
    * Added script-security option to fix OpenVPN
    * Added Italian locales from Eugenio, nk02 and wsx from Androidiani.com
    * Patch for CM issue 1182, obtained from google issue 1597
    * Music appwidget now shows album art and previous button - from Eliot Stocker
    * Fix issue with MMS user-agent being set incorrectly
  3. Droid
    masprague's Avatar
    Member #
    43492
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    80
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by agent42o View Post
    It's some minor fixes.

    CHANGELOG at eclair from cyanogen's android_vendor_cyanogen - GitHub

    From the Changelog:

    ---- 5.0.5.3-N1
    * Fix issue with backuptool not formatting /system
    * Fix NPE crash in music app

    ---- 5.0.5.2-N1
    * Actually fix the OpenVPN issues
    * Added additional Chinese translations from clockrun
    * A2SD fixes: prune dex cache and reset permissions on protected packages
    * Revert the MMS layout changes to fix the right-side icons
    * Kernel brought up to date with Google
    * Fix issue where the install fails on a clean or non CM /system
    * Fix a minor bug in Superuser app
    * Disable V8 in Webkit and switch back to JSC due to app incompatibilities
    * Default white "breathing light" is customizable (from ChainsDD)

    ---- 5.0.5.1-N1
    * Added script-security option to fix OpenVPN
    * Added Italian locales from Eugenio, nk02 and wsx from Androidiani.com
    * Patch for CM issue 1182, obtained from google issue 1597
    * Music appwidget now shows album art and previous button - from Eliot Stocker
    * Fix issue with MMS user-agent being set incorrectly
    Any ideas whats going on with my Rom Manager?

    Thanks
  4. Beta Team
    thebowers's Avatar
    Member #
    8519
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,548
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    I would suggest that you do a restart, check for another update, and then maybe uninstall Rom Manager and reinstall.
    If you like what I do, thanks



    Your can follow me as follows

    @dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

    Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text
  5. Droid
    masprague's Avatar
    Member #
    43492
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    80
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5
    Ok I unstall the paid and free RM...Rebooted...reinstalled..

    Nothing when I check to see if I have updates.

    I went in and manually downloaded 5.0.5.3 and installed it through RM and clockwork.

    Now when I go to check for updates it tells me there is none....

    Dang.....it's sorta fixed but not really I guess....
  6. Beta Team
    thebowers's Avatar
    Member #
    8519
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,548
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #6
    It is working just fine, since 5.0.5.3 is the newest update. Hence the no updates.
    If you like what I do, thanks



    Your can follow me as follows

    @dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

    Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text
  7. Droid
    masprague's Avatar
    Member #
    43492
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    80
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by thebowers View Post
    It is working just fine, since 5.0.5.3 is the newest update. Hence the no updates.
    Right, but I had to manually update it..It didnt tell me that 5.0.5.3 was up.

    After i went through and did it so yes its right, but its only working correctly right now...

    Oh well....I'll wait to see what happens when a new update is posted.

    thanks for you help.....here's hoping its working now...
  8. Beta Team
    thebowers's Avatar
    Member #
    8519
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,548
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #8
    I don't think it is set yet to notify you when a new update is available. I had to manually check last night and that is when I noticed that 5.0.5.3 was available. Anyway, glad to see if sort of worked and that you were able to get the rom up and going.
    If you like what I do, thanks



    Your can follow me as follows

    @dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

    Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text
  9. Senior Droid
    agent42o's Avatar
    Member #
    32034
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    227
    Phone
    Droid/Cyanogen
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by thebowers View Post
    I don't think it is set yet to notify you when a new update is available. I had to manually check last night and that is when I noticed that 5.0.5.3 was available. Anyway, glad to see if sort of worked and that you were able to get the rom up and going.
    Same thing, wasn't a big deal, we'll see what happens with the next update.
  10. Developer
    koush's Avatar
    Member #
    49799
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    128
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by masprague View Post
    Hey all

    I just bought and installed rom manager after installing the free one. So naturally I installed 5.5. So today there is a market update for rom manager. I installed it and updated clockwork.

    I didn't get any ota update about the new release of 5.5.3. Should I have gotten one? Also is it important to update?

    When I click on check for Rom Updates nothing happens.

    Any ideas???
    Hi! Great question! OTA updates need to ALSO be enabled in the ROM. 5.0.5.3 is the first version of CyanogenMod that supports OTA updates. I didn't have OTA updates written in ROM Manager until 5.0.5.2. So when 5.0.5.4 rolls around, you'll see a notification on your phone that an update is available (around midnight ).

    Koush
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. CyanogenMod 5.0.5 is available via (Rom Manager)
    By thebowers in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 04:01 PM
  2. Bugless in ROM Manager
    By sugarfunk in forum Bugless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 09:39 PM
  3. Task Manager
    By Vulnus in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 01:09 PM
  4. File Manager
    By forkup in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 08:57 AM

Search tags for this page

cyanoagen
,
cyanogenmod you must upgrade your rom manager to the latest
,
manual flash override
,
manual override
,
nook color must update rom manager to latest version
,
nook color must upgrade your rom manager to the latest versi
,
nook color you must upgrade your rom manager to the latest v
,
nook you must upgrade you rom manager
,
rom manager manual flash override
,
rom manager you must upgrade your rom manager to latest vers
,
unstall cyanogen
,
upgrade your rom manager rom manager
,

you must upgrade your rom manager to the latest version

,
you must upgrade your rom manager to the latest version!
,
you must upgrade your rom manager to the latest version, cra
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+