DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: trierd to do a rom.tz install, and it did nothing

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    -DROID-

trierd to do a rom.tz install, and it did nothing

i was going to install the smoked glass rom before i found all the probs with it. i did an 'advanced backup', then i did 'install from sd card'. It said that it was installing, but apparantly i was supposed to get some menu of features that i wanted. All i got at the end was a period and it said install done. i then rebooted and it has the same rom that i had on it before.
    what am i missing.........
  2. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ucpro View Post
    i was going to install the smoked glass rom before i found all the probs with it. i did an 'advanced backup', then i did 'install from sd card'. It said that it was installing, but apparantly i was supposed to get some menu of features that i wanted. All i got at the end was a period and it said install done. i then rebooted and it has the same rom that i had on it before.
    you need to choose what ROM you want to use to do the install. you prolly reinstalled the update.zip file still on your memory card

EDIT: Reread through the directions on AdamZs thread and hopefully you'll see where you went wrong
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    -DROID-
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    you need to choose what ROM you want to use to do the install. you prolly reinstalled the update.zip file still on your memory card

EDIT: Reread through the directions on AdamZs thread and hopefully you'll see where you went wrong
    is it possible to install the update.zip from choosing a rom from the sdcard?
  4. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member

if you dont choose "smokedglassv501rom" or whatever one you downloaded when in the "choose rom" section then it will just reinstall the update.zip
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID

The update.zip on the root of your sdcard should be what your trying to install ... the old one has no purpose.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    -DROID-
    Quote Originally Posted by korp View Post

The update.zip on the root of your sdcard should be what your trying to install ... the old one has no purpose.
    yea i never touched the update.zip. i just installed the rom.tgz and it pretended like it was installing, but never did. if i was actually installing BB it would have said things in the prompt like..'getting rid of bugs', or 'thanks for using bugless beast' or somethin like that. it didn't say anything of the sort

Links