DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [2.1 ROM - 1.25Ghz] Simply Stunning V1.0.3 (2/28/2010)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    hmmm. Just a thought, but flashing the virgin-oem might be a fix.
    I have it somewhere...not sure if Droid-Mod has posted it since their website change.
    I have a copy:

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download 2.0.1-virginoem-backup.zip

Also ... have been able to recompile a kernel for the ERE25 dump with my OC and so far it's working!
    One last question. When I falsh back to virgin OEM its not gonna have the updated SPRecovery correct? So how will I go about getting that back if i need too? For instance if i go back to virgin oem and then try and install Chevy's Rom and say I still get a bootloop. How would I be able to restore back to a previous version? Sorry its been awhile since i had to truly "start fresh" and i cant remember that well. lol
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Droid @ 1Ghz
    sorry, sprecovery is included in the virgin-oem so you are safe to restore it with no worries.

I use it often if flashing something gives me issues.

flash the virgin-oem, then flash the ROM, often times will get rid of the quirks for me.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    sorry, sprecovery is included in the virgin-oem so you are safe to restore it with no worries.

I use it often if flashing something gives me issues.

flash the virgin-oem, then flash the ROM, often times will get rid of the quirks for me.
    Sweet! really appreciate all the Help Chevy and Topsy! Ill let you know as soon as this thing is done downloading (have to do it from phone because my work internet blocks all kinds of sites including fil share sites lol)
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by droidtjj View Post
    3 problems (i don't know if i'm not doing things wrong or if they are bugs)

1. Terminal emulator force closes everytime (cannot get it to work, had to install different terminal emulator form market by some other person)
    2. Cannot install Pandora theme patch for the life of me (says push is not valid command, need step by step commands please)
    3. No more song track/name display in notifications (is this just a bug?)

@ChevyNo1
    What commands do you use to rename system apps like corp. calender so they are no longer in your apps anymore??

Your SS ROMs are bad ass btw and they keep getting better with every update (i'm following the updates religiously!)
    1. Not sure which ones you're using, but I know one of the ones from the market has always force closed for me, had to use the other one. Now I use ConnectBot.

2. adb push <Pandora.apk> /system/app

3. I removed no apps this time around, nor in version 1.0.2. Are you running a previous version of SS?
    I know you didn't remove any apps this time around, I was asking to see if you could tell me how you do it so I could do it on my own. I was running your previous versions of SS, but with this one I decided to nandroid backup the old one and reinstall this one fresh on a nandroid restore instead of update.zip. Also, can you still tell me about the music tracks not showing up in the notifications anymore with the track name and stuff?? Thanks
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    3 problems (i don't know if i'm not doing things wrong or if they are bugs)

1. Terminal emulator force closes everytime (cannot get it to work, had to install different terminal emulator form market by some other person)
    2. Cannot install Pandora theme patch for the life of me (says push is not valid command, need step by step commands please)
    3. No more song track/name display in notifications (is this just a bug?)

@ChevyNo1
    What commands do you use to rename system apps like corp. calender so they are no longer in your apps anymore??

Your SS ROMs are bad ass btw and they keep getting better with every update (i'm following the updates religiously!)
    1. Not sure which ones you're using, but I know one of the ones from the market has always force closed for me, had to use the other one. Now I use ConnectBot.

2. adb push <Pandora.apk> /system/app

3. I removed no apps this time around, nor in version 1.0.2. Are you running a previous version of SS?
    I know you didn't remove any apps this time around, I was asking to see if you could tell me how you do it so I could do it on my own. I was running your previous versions of SS, but with this one I decided to nandroid backup the old one and reinstall this one fresh on a nandroid restore instead of update.zip. Also, can you still tell me about the music tracks not showing up in the notifications anymore with the track name and stuff?? Thanks
    Ah, misunderstood your question.

adb shell
    sysrw
    cd /system/app
    mv CorpCal.apk CorpCal.bak
    sysro
    exit

As far as the tracks not in the notification area - I can only assume it is the new 2.1 music app - since it seems the only diff is the tabs at the top, you can just restore the music app from v1.0.2
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    so how are people liking the new kernel?... good? low heat... better battery life?..
    im using the adamz kernel 2.6.29... using SG 5.0.1 trying to find best kernel out right now
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Ok Chevy just tried to falsh back that virgin OEM file you posted for me earlier. I rename it to update.zip and tried to install but it keeps telling me installation aborted?? I was supposed to rename it to update.zip correct?? or am i doing this all wrong? lol

Just tried again to make sure and it still is giving me installtion aborted. Even though the little loading bar at the bottom continues to move??? Not making any sense to me..
    Last edited by BullDroid; 03-01-2010 at 02:37 PM.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    That is a nandroid backup ... so it goes in /sdcard/nandroid/virginoem for example ... in there you will see system.tar, etc

Then you 'restore nandroid backup', not update
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    That is a nandroid backup ... so it goes in /sdcard/nandroid/virginoem for example ... in there you will see system.tar, etc

Are you guys trying to get that 2.1 dump thing to work? Are you going to make it as the base for Simply Stunning?

Also I've had some problems with the current version I'll post at alldroid
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post

Are you guys trying to get that 2.1 dump thing to work? Are you going to make it as the base for Simply Stunning?

Also I've had some problems with the current version I'll post at alldroid
    Already have the new dump working as a pre-release version of SS 2.0

OK I'll check your post @ alldroid

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links