DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COW-2.1-v1.0 - Based on AdamZ Blue Smoke Glass

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member

COW-2.1-v1.0 - Based on AdamZ Blue Smoke Glass

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW THREAD FOR UPDATES AND DOWNLOADS FOR THIS ROM:

[ROM 2.1] COW-2 versions to pick from and growing

Thank you for the support.

So to start I am not a dev. I created this simply by trying different things with the information I was able to find here and alldroid.org. I can not offer tech support really, but for those that want to try it out I am posting it here. Credit goes to all the devs that have made this possible for me to piece this together. Main files are based on AdamZ smoke glass v4.1 build to start, then added his custom kernel. Pulled the build.prop file from Pete and added so that you can download live wallpapers from the market. The complete list of thank you's would take a ton of typing, but there is so much credit to give to all the devs out there that have a piece in these ROM's. Again this is just simply something I pieced together when my friend asked me to get him something more stable. I run this at 800 and it is stable. 900 and up works, but found some reboot issues happening every now and then. The reboots have been tied back to the launchers that are used, but they are a necessity for the live wallpapers to be interactive. This first file has the launcher made by xeudoxus and it looks similar to the HTC.. I also have a copy with the original smoke glass with interactive buttons. If there is a demand for the soke glass one I will get it uploaded as well. The one installed now just seems to run more stable. You will need to update your google maps from the market for 4.0. This is a basic setup that is:
    MT gallery
    MT browser
    Live wallpapers and interactive works.
    Again my base for all is AdamZ smoke glass with blue theme, and his custom kernel. If you do not like blue then this is not for you. However pending feedback I will see about getting this setup without all the blue if I can find time while sharing CPU with my wife and her school work.

I have tested the nav 4.0, sms, mms, backlights all work, auto brightness works..

The Nexus 1 wallpaper works, but seems to be the root of some reboots as well, when combined with a higher OC setting. Just to pass along from my own testing.

I am working to add the HTC virtual keyboard too and if I get added will update. However currently my daughter has my phone and is watching Toy Story 2, so wanted to just push out what I got right now from my CPU.

INSTALL: This has been turned into a 2.1 ROM based on the build.prop. Therefore I am unsure if your data will be able to be transfered from 2.0.1. It might because that is the base that I used. Same goes if you are coming from 2.1. I have not tested to see if the data files are compatible. I personally always wipe when I use a new ROM. This file is a nandroid backup. Therefore you can download, unzip and place into your nandroid foler. Boot into recovery and load it up.

If you want to wipe I use recovery. First I back up all apps with Astro. Then I go to recovery. Wipe data and cache. Load up the ROM. There is only a system and boot file so that is all you need to check in the restore. First boot up takes a bit as usual. If you try it please let me know how it works for you. PLEASE BACK UP YOUR CURRENT SETUP. If it does not work for you I want to make sure you can go back to where you started. Again I am simply a guy that likes to play with ROM's and I can not really offer much tech support. If this goes well then I will see about updates and really getting into the coding of the phones. Right now I just have more time because I just lost my job and sit at home currently.

So to cover some basic disclaimer stuff. I am not responsible if you are to install and it damages your system of your phone. I am not responsible for aftermarket apps that you may install and can not guarantee that you will have the same results that I have been able to achieve. This forum and their admin and mods are not responsible either. Use at your own risk.
    Last edited by wctaylor79; 02-23-2010 at 10:02 PM.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I have tried to download the rom a couple times and when I am extracting it I get this error: CRC failed in COW-2.1-v1.0-bs-20100222-0546\system.tar. The file is corrupt.

Maybe you can post a mirror of the download. Also, you forgot to create a link on your post at alldroid.org. Thought I might test this out and as soon as it will let me extract the file I'll let you know what I think.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrummy16 View Post
    I have tried to download the rom a couple times and when I am extracting it I get this error: CRC failed in COW-2.1-v1.0-bs-20100222-0546\system.tar. The file is corrupt.

Maybe you can post a mirror of the download. Also, you forgot to create a link on your post at alldroid.org. Thought I might test this out and as soon as it will let me extract the file I'll let you know what I think.
    Working on it right now. Thanks. Yeah I slapped together the upload while kid was taking a nap... Will post back in just a minute.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    thanks for sharing.
    Galaxy nexus aokp m5 w/ Franco kernel
    iPad 16gb
    ----------------------------
    Old phones..
    Droid razr
    LG spectrum
    Thunderbolt
    Droid charge
    Droid X
    Fascinate
    og Droid
    droid eris
    iphone 3gs
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    GREAT look! Like this just made my day!

THank you soooo much
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member

Ok put new download up. Should be a go. I just verified on my CPU and it worked. Let me know. My friend that I designed this for just called and told me running strong, no FC or reboots,, knock on wood.. LOL.. So hopefully others will like it. I will def try and update if people like this and will get more into a formal posting if this goes well. Please feel free to PM me and let me know feedback so I can go from there.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Edit: I may need a mirror too, it's not allowing the download. Probably a mirror on Usershare would work..
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Seems pretty stable so far. I think I might do a couple changes with metamorph but overall it looks really nice. I tried doing a restore of only data from my simply stunning backup but it wouldn't let me get past the regular boot up. Oh well. I'll just reinstall my apps. Keep up the good work.
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Seems pretty stable so far. I think I might do a couple changes with metamorph but overall it looks really nice. I tried doing a restore of only data from my simply stunning backup but it wouldn't let me get past the regular boot up. Oh well. I'll just reinstall my apps. Keep up the good work.
    Yeah wasn't sure about the data. Again I prefer to wipe with new ROM's, but I know for some it can be a hassle. I just make sure all my stuff is backed up. Heck I can change ROM's wipe, restore, and set back up in about 20 mins. Hope it works out for ya. Enjoy it. Customize it all you want. I am just here to help people like my friend that just can't really learn the hacking involved with setting up things like LWP and the launchers. That is the point in this ROM. It has everything that I wanted already in it. Please keep me posted. If you have issues let me know. I am not a dev, but will gladly try to help if I can.
  11. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    Edit: I may need a mirror too, it's not allowing the download. Probably a mirror on Usershare would work..
    Thanks for the heads up with Usershare. Took the advice and added to the OP but here it is as well:

COW-2.1-v1.0-BS-20100222-0546.zip - 85.8 Mb
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Links