DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BUGLESS BEAST 0.7.9 is out

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    This one (holds it up)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    How many of you nay sayers have put out any roms let alone updates? I prefer to understand what is going on but not spend the time to know enough to develop. I do appreciate all the folks that spend so much time for donations and then suffer abuse for trying to improve. Fortunately the developers suffer all of us that sit and use their efforts - some whining all the while.

I say to those working so hard on this stuff - thank you. And oh yeah - I do send in appreciative pittance.

Thanks to all you developers and pay no attention to the gentle whine of ignorance.
    Nice first post. Looks like you have been here lurking for a while, but welcome to the forums.
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pdigg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    How many of you nay sayers have put out any roms let alone updates? I prefer to understand what is going on but not spend the time to know enough to develop. I do appreciate all the folks that spend so much time for donations and then suffer abuse for trying to improve. Fortunately the developers suffer all of us that sit and use their efforts - some whining all the while.

I say to those working so hard on this stuff - thank you. And oh yeah - I do send in appreciative pittance.

Thanks to all you developers and pay no attention to the gentle whine of ignorance.
    Nice first post. Looks like you have been here lurking for a while, but welcome to the forums.
    I think he's been waiting since November for a chance to make a huge first post.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Quick Question - with a short response

I have been doing pocket rockets since the early days when you felt like Maxwell Smart using one (sorry I am old - the thing was the size of about a size 10 shoe held up to your ear). I have used phones and operating systems from most purveyors as a part of my corporate job providing support to novice and intermediate users. So yep, I am a lurker by definition but definitely not a noob.

By the way, I have just begun my second retirement - I am ancient in terms of most other users. But it makes me appreciate the efforts of gifted developers even more.

Thanks for your solid forum and let's keep it positive.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    ok guys here goes. i went bb last night off matthew thread very nice thread btw. it installed bb7.5 which i am happy with... reason for updating to 7.6 to 7.7 son on so fourth.. the only thing i really want is a facebook widget any help on that??? again thanks

also thanks to the devolper of bb if he is on here..
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    I hope this isnt a silly question.... I have done the bugless beast thing several times... but what is Nandroid Backup Installation..

do I need that?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Not silly at all, a bit different in mechanics and results. Read Pete's instruction they are fairly straight forward.

The easiest is the use of the update.zip. Simply download and move to the sd card's root directory. At least with Pete's roms, the configuration pre-install remains after running the update.

With the Nandroid, you'll need to download, unrar the downloaded file, then copy the entire resultant directory to the sd card's nandroid directory.

Like I said Pete's instruction are very accurate.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    ok so they are basically the same thing just a different way of installing? I am running BB 1.0 now... thanks for the answer!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    For Pete's stuff yes. Generally speaking, the Nandroid approach allows you to select from the various version fairly easily. While the update.zip only has the single version.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Updating Bugless Beast 0.7.6

Hello,
    I am new to droid forum and i was unsure where i should post this. I would like to know the best way to go about updating bugless beast 0.7.6 to 0.7.8 or later. Please help me understand this. I would appreciate it greatly.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Links