DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Signal Issues with BB

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid

Signal Issues with BB

Heya everyone! I rooted not to long ago and was running Sholes 2.0.3 and everything was fine (a few FC's here and there, nuthin big), but I wanted to try Bugless Beast.

So I installed 7.5 (or is it .75? Never been sure on that) and again, everything was fine.... except my signal. Both WiFi and my cell signal. The meter shows both almost always at one (or NO) bars. If I turn off WiFi, the cell signal meter will usually go up for a while. And when I turn WiFi back on I have a good WiFi signal for an hour or so.

Keep in mind, this is usually when I am 20 feet or less away from my router.

I updated to 7.6 hoping the problem would go away - it didn't.

I like Bugless Beast better than the Sholes ROM, so I would like to keep it - but I did **NOT** have this signal issue with Sholes, my signal was fine.

Someone mentioned doing *228 - so I did, but it didn't help. Not that I thought updating my roaming would really have anything to do with my WiFi - but hey, what the heck right?

Near as I can tell, I am the only one having these issues - but I still would appreciate any help/info/input or advice anyone wants to offer.

I know it's a long shot - but I am using the kernal that got installed with Sholes 2.0.2 - would updating my kernal help? I am just takin a shot here lol.

Take care,
    Rob

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I also am having an issue with this using the simply stunning 2.1 rom. I wish it were like blackberry where you could take a proven radio file and switch it. Hopefully someone has a good answer for this.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had the same prob running bb .75, showes only one to two bars on cell signal. Went back to stock and my signal jumped back to 4 bars and pretty much stays there.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    yeah, but I don't really want to go back to stock - will if I have to, but I would rather not.

There has to be a way to get better signal strength (both WiFi and cell) with this ROM.... doesn't there?

Take care,
    Rob

Links