DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: [2.1 OC ROM] Simply Stunning V1.0.1 (2/17/12)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCizzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r1nstang View Post
    need some advice Chevy.

but been working on the boot animation too and its being crazy. I copy/paste it in the data/local folder just like mentioned in other post said reboot...and its the same stock ani....go back into the data/local and nothing shows up. tried using adb shell to drop it in there....and it tells me permission denied.....

any ideas?
    Make sure the data folder is mounted as R/W. You can do this using Root Explorer by clicking on the data folder and clicking the button in the top right which toggles permissions between R/O (read only) and R/W (read/write).
    thanks...didnt think about that. I hit that button a billion times and it never changed at all. maybe i have a corrupt install
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    need some advice Chevy.

but been working on the boot animation too and its being crazy. I copy/paste it in the data/local folder just like mentioned in other post said reboot...and its the same stock ani....go back into the data/local and nothing shows up. tried using adb shell to drop it in there....and it tells me permission denied.....

any ideas?
    Make sure the data folder is mounted as R/W. You can do this using Root Explorer by clicking on the data folder and clicking the button in the top right which toggles permissions between R/O (read only) and R/W (read/write).
    thanks...didnt think about that. I hit that button a billion times and it never changed at all. maybe i have a corrupt install
    I had issues getting ADB to push a file back. Try booting into SPRecovery with your phone plugged in, go to mounting options, mount the folder, and run the ADB command from there. That worked for me.
    Jason

"My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln-
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    need some advice Chevy.

any ideas?
    Make sure that the boot animation you want to use is labeled "bootanimation.zip" and then place it in your root sd card. These commands usually work for me in terminal on the phone.

su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanimation.zip

Reboot
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

I had issues getting ADB to push a file back. Try booting into SPRecovery with your phone plugged in, go to mounting options, mount the folder, and run the ADB command from there. That worked for me.
    ok I got into SPRecovery on the phone....so I mount the DATA or the SDCARD?
    once mounted how do I get to a prompt to be able to run the adb commands on the phone?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by airwake View Post
    need some advice Chevy.

any ideas?
    Make sure that the boot animation you want to use is labeled "bootanimation.zip" and then place it in your root sd card. These commands usually work for me in terminal on the phone.

su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

dd if=/sdcard/bootanimation.zip of=/system/media/bootanimation.zip

Reboot
    thanks!! that did the trick. Is there anyways it can just used that rotting apple for the whole sequence? it shows it then once its over it goes to the stock animation
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Links