DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: I need the 2.1 launcher with the phone and browser buttons!

  1. Senior Droid
    dbu's Avatar
    Member #
    34451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    208
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    I need the 2.1 launcher with the phone and browser buttons!

    Where can I find it? The only one I can find is Xeudoxus' on alldroid but I don't want the HTC SenseUI looking one.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    zudien's Avatar
    Member #
    16899
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    63
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by dbu View Post
    Where can I find it? The only one I can find is Xeudoxus' on alldroid but I don't want the HTC SenseUI looking one.
    The 2.1 launcher doesn't come with phone and browser buttons if I recall correctly. All it has is boxes to tell you which screen you are on.
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by zudien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbu View Post
    Where can I find it? The only one I can find is Xeudoxus' on alldroid but I don't want the HTC SenseUI looking one.
    The 2.1 launcher doesn't come with phone and browser buttons if I recall correctly. All it has is boxes to tell you which screen you are on.
    Wrong, my friend. Someone released a version of it yesterday in this forum. Unfortunately for me it wouldn't download in my phone.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid
    zudien's Avatar
    Member #
    16899
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    63
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zudien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbu View Post
    Where can I find it? The only one I can find is Xeudoxus' on alldroid but I don't want the HTC SenseUI looking one.
    The 2.1 launcher doesn't come with phone and browser buttons if I recall correctly. All it has is boxes to tell you which screen you are on.
    Wrong, my friend. Someone released a version of it yesterday in this forum. Unfortunately for me it wouldn't download in my phone.
    I stand corrected.

    Here it is

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...launcher2.html

    Who knew
  6. Senior Droid
    dbu's Avatar
    Member #
    34451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    208
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by zudien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zudien View Post

    The 2.1 launcher doesn't come with phone and browser buttons if I recall correctly. All it has is boxes to tell you which screen you are on.
    Wrong, my friend. Someone released a version of it yesterday in this forum. Unfortunately for me it wouldn't download in my phone.
    I stand corrected.

    Here it is

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...launcher2.html

    Who knew
    Grassyass!
  7. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by zudien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zudien View Post

    The 2.1 launcher doesn't come with phone and browser buttons if I recall correctly. All it has is boxes to tell you which screen you are on.
    Wrong, my friend. Someone released a version of it yesterday in this forum. Unfortunately for me it wouldn't download in my phone.
    I stand corrected.

    Here it is

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...launcher2.html

    Who knew
    See you probably have something called a life that prevents you from seeing every little thing that goes on in this forum. Oh, and I knew.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Senior Droid
    dbu's Avatar
    Member #
    34451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    208
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zudien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbu View Post
    Where can I find it? The only one I can find is Xeudoxus' on alldroid but I don't want the HTC SenseUI looking one.
    The 2.1 launcher doesn't come with phone and browser buttons if I recall correctly. All it has is boxes to tell you which screen you are on.
    Wrong, my friend. Someone released a version of it yesterday in this forum. Unfortunately for me it wouldn't download in my phone.

    I can't get it to install either. I wonder what that is all about?
  9. Droid Ninja
    RW-1's Avatar
    Member #
    10175
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nazareth, PA
    Posts
    2,257
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #8
    Geez, both are on the alldroid thread, he posted both.
  10. Droid
    zudien's Avatar
    Member #
    16899
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    63
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dbu View Post
    I can't get it to install either. I wonder what that is all about?
    Did you follow the directions in the thread? .zip can't be installed and .apk files can't be posted as attachments. If you did ignore the rest of this post.

    Now...granted...I haven't installed this nor will I most likely (I like stock launchers personally).

    But I think on page 2 there was a package he posted that didn't have to be pushed over via adb. Download that one to your phone and all you should have to is to go into a file manager and change the extensions. Then install via the package manager.
  11. Senior Droid
    dbu's Avatar
    Member #
    34451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    208
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Yeah, I got it working via adb shell. For whatever reason, I don't seem to have issues with the 2.1 launchers. However, I did remove it cause I could not apply the smoked glass theme to it via metamorph for some reason. Metamorph kept telling me it couldn't find Launcher.apk in system/app which is bullshiat cause it's in there. Oh well, someone smarter than me will figure this all out sooner or later. Thanks for the help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hit control buttons during phone calls
    By Steeler6 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 03:52 AM
  2. Smoked Glass Rom phone/browser buttons
    By Tanknspank in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 02:47 PM
  3. How do I get edited Launcher.apk back onto phone?
    By 19DroidRage84 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 07:46 PM
  4. 2.1 launcher .apk
    By brendanstl in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 04:55 PM

Search tags for this page

android 2.1 launcher button

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+