DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: sholes 2.0.5

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewecir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSan View Post
    anybody get a status 14 error when installing??

i tried to flash my 2.0.3 to .5 and when i got passed the part selecting what items to install, after that it tried to install then said install failed, status 14 error..

weird thing, it says its running sholesmod 154 (2.0.5) in the system pane.
    maybe try downloading 2.0.5 again?

if you're running x.x.5 SetCPU should reflect the new kernel speeds.

Martin maybe you can help Im trying to install the 2.0.5 but when I do I lose all my home screen icons, widgets, and almost everything else. when I reflash with the 2.0.3 everything comes back but the widgets have a problem loading..... I want the 2.0.5 but dont know why im losing everything. And now also I cant get maps app working ppppplease help LOL
    each time you flash a rom or go back to stock you will lose your icons on your homescreen.. as for the maps, when u go to flash the rom, it even asks you if you want to run a fix for the maps. id suggest you reflash and select that option?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    I finally got this rom to install correctly. I believe the problem was the rom installer not correctly wiping my /data. it was extremely unstable resulting in constant reboots and battery pulls. Pretty much gave up on the sholes rom, but I figured hey what the hell, one more try. I guess try like 6 or 7 is the key? it decided to work and once it was up and not crashing I nandroid adv restored my data, I think that's ok. seems to work ok.

One thing though is I'm stable up to 1.1 if I try 1.2 I can last a few seconds and then I just black screen with all the bottom lights lit up till it reboots itself or I battery pull. Little disappointed in that. But I have stated time and time again in multiple postings on forums that 1.1 and 1.2 is a little bit agressive on the steppings for what many people consider a more mainstream custom rom.

Hopefully with this updater they have going on they can add somehow the option to choose frequencies for your slots or have 2 different kernels to pick from. one that's say 250 - 1ghz in 8 steps and one for the more extreme (or who's phones can actually run the dumb things) thtats set for like 250 up to 1.2 or 1.3 ghz 8 steps or whatever. Just let us pick one of the two kernels as an option during the installer. This lets those of us that want to overclock have a more reasonable and power friendly stepping or simply can't run the higher speeds and if you can run higher than 1ghz you just pick the faster kernel..... prob more complicated to implement for them then it sounds, but I figure same exact kernel just different steppings.....?

and to any sholes people that saw any of my bashing posts. My sincere apologies, I should not have called the rom a pile of .whatever it was I said. I must have had just a glitch in the wiping process or something and now that it's sorted finally The rom is fairly fast and stable, just not at 1.2. Good work. I was just frustrated from my misadventures in installing it. I do like the installer though and having the options to pick what I want. I hope that they consider the two kernel approach or I know another dev has 10 cpu slots... I appreciate the option of such high clock speeds for the few with devices capable of being stable that high, but for quite a few of us it's just wasted steppings in the kernel.

also as a side note I noticed that the kernel id says it has compcache i thnk, but it really doesn't, does it?

anyways just wanted to say Good rom, sorry for my abuse of sholes and the rom haha, it wasn't deserved. My bad! keep on deving!

ps: glad to see you moving to git and using a bugtracker and changelogs. That's one thing I really appreciate seeing even if I don't program myself. I am pretty big on having the code being open and with everything on git soon.... well just nice job.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LrdElderon View Post
    I finally got this rom to install correctly. I believe the problem was the rom installer not correctly wiping my /data. it was extremely unstable resulting in constant reboots and battery pulls. Pretty much gave up on the sholes rom, but I figured hey what the hell, one more try. I guess try like 6 or 7 is the key? it decided to work and once it was up and not crashing I nandroid adv restored my data, I think that's ok. seems to work ok.

One thing though is I'm stable up to 1.1 if I try 1.2 I can last a few seconds and then I just black screen with all the bottom lights lit up till it reboots itself or I battery pull. Little disappointed in that. But I have stated time and time again in multiple postings on forums that 1.1 and 1.2 is a little bit agressive on the steppings for what many people consider a more mainstream custom rom.

Hopefully with this updater they have going on they can add somehow the option to choose frequencies for your slots or have 2 different kernels to pick from. one that's say 250 - 1ghz in 8 steps and one for the more extreme (or who's phones can actually run the dumb things) thtats set for like 250 up to 1.2 or 1.3 ghz 8 steps or whatever. Just let us pick one of the two kernels as an option during the installer. This lets those of us that want to overclock have a more reasonable and power friendly stepping or simply can't run the higher speeds and if you can run higher than 1ghz you just pick the faster kernel..... prob more complicated to implement for them then it sounds, but I figure same exact kernel just different steppings.....?

and to any sholes people that saw any of my bashing posts. My sincere apologies, I should not have called the rom a pile of .whatever it was I said. I must have had just a glitch in the wiping process or something and now that it's sorted finally The rom is fairly fast and stable, just not at 1.2. Good work. I was just frustrated from my misadventures in installing it. I do like the installer though and having the options to pick what I want. I hope that they consider the two kernel approach or I know another dev has 10 cpu slots... I appreciate the option of such high clock speeds for the few with devices capable of being stable that high, but for quite a few of us it's just wasted steppings in the kernel.

also as a side note I noticed that the kernel id says it has compcache i thnk, but it really doesn't, does it?

anyways just wanted to say Good rom, sorry for my abuse of sholes and the rom haha, it wasn't deserved. My bad! keep on deving!

ps: glad to see you moving to git and using a bugtracker and changelogs. That's one thing I really appreciate seeing even if I don't program myself. I am pretty big on having the code being open and with everything on git soon.... well just nice job.
    Glad you didn't give up and got it working!
    Apology accepted
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    im trying to overclock my droid. i currently using sholes 205 and setcpu. i set setcpu to 800mhz and dont even notice a difference. am i doing something wrong?

and i thought the browser was suppose to have pinch to zoom.
    If you installed the right browser, it will have pinch to zoom.

*note- if all you did was open up the browser to the default Google home page, it wont have pinch to zoom. That is because that Google site is the mobile version. If you click classic you will then be able to pinch and zoom on the Google site. Or you can just go to a non mobile site.

And I don't feel a difference either at 800mhz.
  5. budmonster
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Hawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by budmonster View Post
    im trying to overclock my droid. i currently using sholes 205 and setcpu. i set setcpu to 800mhz and dont even notice a difference. am i doing something wrong?

and i thought the browser was suppose to have pinch to zoom.
    If you installed the right browser, it will have pinch to zoom.

*note- if all you did was open up the browser to the default Google home page, it wont have pinch to zoom. That is because that Google site is the mobile version. If you click classic you will then be able to pinch and zoom on the Google site. Or you can just go to a non mobile site.

And I don't feel a difference either at 800mhz.
    so what should i do to speed up my droid. can you give me the proper settings you use included the profiles? id appreciate it.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    is this Sholes 2.0.6 legit? Guy says its a beta but it keeps going down. Issues?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    This is what I'm referencing to.

Sholes 2.0.6 testing - Android Forums
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    It's an actual (beta) 2.0.6 Rom by sholes, yes. It's not the official 2.0.6 ROM by sholes.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Ok. Well It's okay to post the link? If so... Here goes

http://downloads.sholes.info/finalreleases/sholesmod-2.0.6.rom.tgz
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    Ok. Well It's okay to post the link? If so... Here goes

http://downloads.sholes.info/finalreleases/sholesmod-2.0.6.rom.tgz

Been using 2.0.6 for 24 hours. It's perfect. No major changes, just a boot animation, and CPU temps in Temp Monitor. But that one change was exactly what I wanted, so I'm happy.

Sholes Rules.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Links