DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sholes 2.0.4RC1 is out

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Sholes 2.0.5 is out [UPDATED 2/15]

Available via SMUpdater

From Sholes.info:
    Changes:
    Kernel
    - 8 cpufreq slots (250/500/600/700/800/1000/1100/1200) based on a patch by t3hSteve
    - LCD/touchscreen fixes backported from 2.6.32 based on a patch by t3hSteve
    - Ext2 module is now included as a module (ext3 has been included for quite some time, I added ext2 due to popular request)
    ROM Apps
    - 2.1 Launcher has been removed, it’s just not worth using yet.
    On a side note, we’ve gotten 2.6.32 to boot, but wifi/bluetooth/camera are not working properly, it has quite a ways to go still, definitely not ready by any means.
    We are also busy moving our repos to git, which we will post more about when we are ready.
    We’re also working very closely with other devs as well, as you will see more of in the next coming weeks.
    If you’re a dev, or just starting out, we’d love to have you join us, or work with us, in our open quest for a better Droid! Our public home to get in contact with us is on IRC via freenode: #sholesmod

2.0.4RC1 is no longer available, and was functional no different then 2.0.3.
    Last edited by Dibrom; 02-15-2010 at 12:26 AM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm brave ... installing now.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr HD & Bionic
    I'm running it now @ 1ghz - no issues for the first hour. .. figured I'd go ahead and if there were issues it's a breeze to go back to 2.0.3
    Bionic
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    well can you enlighten us to any changes please?

a tad off topic but after i installed 2.0.2... my headphones crackle...they didn't BEFORE. it's not so bad that i can't listen but i'm thinking it's somehow related to the audiotoggle thing i now have in my apps drawer. i've been wanting to install a newer version than 2.0.2 but when i saw all the problems ppl were having with 2.0.3 i decided to wait it out.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    downloading now, wondering if i should wipe data. reinstalling all them apps is a pain.
    Better to be Judged by 12 than carried by 6!!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The kernel (at least based on it's name) is the same version as the last ROM (it says it is based on THIS version. There are other updates to the kernel that are in their Revision system that have not yet been rolled into this kernel.

The menu has a "Maps" question, which I would assume deletes the old "Google Maps" for you. I am not having an issue with maps, so I did not do that menu item.

I did not notice much else different in the install and it booted. There are NO new overclock settings.

I would not recommend installing until someone from sholes explains what they have changed

I am going to untar the updates on my Linux machine and see which files are different in the trees.

EDIT - info below this line is added:
    The 2.0.3 system.tar was compiled on 6 Feb, the one from 2.0.4rc1 was compiled on 8 Feb. This is for 2.0.4rc1 version 151.

Attached is the difference between the two trees (2.0.4rc1-mods.diff.txt), so it seems the only thing changed is indeed the actions related to Google Maps and making it removable from the installer. (This text file was produced by the command diff -uNrp 2.0.3/ 2.0.4rc1/ that was run with the ROMS and system.tar files unzipped in their own directory).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hughesjr; 02-14-2010 at 08:10 AM.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    So far nothing new that I can see........
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hughesjr View Post
    The kernel (at least based on it's name) is the same version as the last ROM (it says it is based on THIS version. There are other updates to the kernel that are in their Revision system that have not yet been rolled into this kernel.

The menu has a "Maps" question, which I would assume deletes the old "Google Maps" for you. I am not having an issue with maps, so I did not do that menu item.

I did not notice much else different in the install and it booted. There are NO new overclock settings.

I would not recommend installing until someone from sholes explains what they have changed

I am going to untar the updates on my Linux machine and see which files are different in the trees.
    ok thanks i think i'll wait
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I'm curious too....maybe I'll root again to Sholes until the long awaited official 2.1 drops
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Based on my previous message, I would not recommend anyone install version 151 (Current 2.0.4rc1) over top of version 148 (2.0.3 of the ROM) unless they are having issues with Google Maps force closing and they could not fix it by removing the maps manually already.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links