DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between all these roms..?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

What is the difference between all these roms..?

Sholes, bugless beauty and beast, now we got simply stunning. Can someone explain what the difference is between all these roms, and why one would choose one over the other.
  2. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    I chose BB because it honestly has less bugs than Sholes (for me, that's a personal observation, not something that everyone seems to experience). Honestly though, they aren't all that different in terms of looks and whatnot.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Well, Sholes and the 2 Bugless ROMs, as well as AdamZ's ROM, are pretty closely related...they both have the smoked glass theme but Sholes has the option to not include the smoked glass theme...other than that, they basically are very similar...just comes down to personal preference. Oh...and they are Android 2.0.1

The new Simply Stunning ROM is Android 2.1 and is the most complete and stable 2.1 ROM there is so far IMO....It comes with a smoked glass theme also but includes the launcher2 and performs nicely to me so far...

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    I chose BB because it honestly has less bugs than Sholes (for me, that's a personal observation, not something that everyone seems to experience). Honestly though, they aren't all that different in terms of looks and whatnot.
    I really wish you would stop spreading false rumors about sholes..... just because you had issues doesn't mean "Honestly has more bugs then others"
  5. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    I really wish you would stop spreading false rumors about sholes..... just because you had issues doesn't mean "Honestly has more bugs then others"
    There have been three people that have switched from Sholes to BB just in the last couple of days for this reason, not including me. They had bugs out the ass with Sholes or it couldn't handle 1GHz, they switch to BB and presto, no issues.

And I also said "for me" I didn't say "for sure".

I should also mention that the OP is the fourth person to complain about Sholes that I've seen recently.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Yes it is true that it SEEMS that people are getting more issues from the Sholes ROM and the app...including me and NOT including me....

But i believe that it is still a great ROM and deserves support....the issues will be worked out, I know they will

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    Each phone will for sure function differently when overclocked.

And I don't see him complaining here about any ROM.

Most of the issues you see on this site with both unrooted phones and also rooted phones are all USER ERROR..... or an APPLICATION ERROR... that is causing the issues.

One thing that most people FAIL to understand is that when a new kernal and or ROM comes out..... odds are that all of the applications from the market they are running were built around and tested with older versions. Hell there are people here complaining about something designed for 1.5 that's not running on 2.0 and they wonder why. lol

All I'm saying is when you start hacking a phone or operation system, there is so much room for error it's not funny.... just because a very small majority have an issue installing an os doesn't mean it's fault of the ROM or os.
    Last edited by R1Lover; 02-13-2010 at 08:47 PM.
  8. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Each phone will for sure function differently when overclocked.

And I don't see him complaining here about any ROM.

Most of the issues you see on this site with both unrooted phones and also rooted phones are all USER ERROR..... or an APPLICATION ERROR... that is causing the issues.

One thing that most people FAIL to understand is that when a new kernal and or ROM comes out..... odds are that all of the applications from the market they are running were built around and tested with older versions. Hell there are people here complaining about something designed for 1.5 that's not running on 2.0 and they wonder why. lol

All I'm saying is when you start hacking a phone or operation system, there is so much room for error it's not funny.... just because a very small majority have an issue hacking doesn't mean it's fault of the ROM.
    I agree with most of what you said (especially the italicized part), I'm just saying that recently more people are having problems with Sholes as opposed to BB. But to answer your bolded comment:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...arket-rom.html
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    My first guess why would be due to more people using sholes so therefore you see more people having issues maybe. It has been pretty popular as of late with the SMupdater on the market making it so easy.
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    My first guess why would be due to more people using sholes so therefore you see more people having issues maybe. It has been pretty popular as of late with the SMupdater on the market making it so easy.
    Which is why I think the SMU is a mistake. I definitely think Sholes team should get their donations...but it makes it so easy for every Tom Dick and Harry with no clue about the rooting process to root their Droid...and when the slightest thing goes wrong, they have no clue what to do. Not saying that's what happened to the OP, just saying in general.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links