DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the difference between all these roms..?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I've been using Sholes since their first release and haven't had any issues. If you completely wipe the phone before installing, I doubt you will either.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    After looking I need to keep the youtube HQ mod and I also have to have auto brightness... these are not working on the stunning rom it looks like.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    I've been using Sholes since their first release and haven't had any issues. If you completely wipe the phone before installing, I doubt you will either.
    I do believe that is one major key issue... and I agree with you.. I love it.

but to keep my opinions fair I was going to test some others too... but after looking it seems there are things missing from stunning and the BB is pretty much the same as sholes from what I can see.
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    BB has updated kernels, but otherwise is the same. Stunning is missing stuff and it's not worth it for me to switch to a new ROM that I don't even care for the look of. Those notification icons are ugly, I prefer smoked over blue, I prefer to stay away from that 3d app drawer as long as I can, the home screen with the phone and browser aren't what I would put there, among other things.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    I chose BB because it honestly has less bugs than Sholes (for me, that's a personal observation, not something that everyone seems to experience). Honestly though, they aren't all that different in terms of looks and whatnot.
    I really wish you would stop spreading false rumors about sholes..... just because you had issues doesn't mean "Honestly has more bugs then others"
    There have been three people that have switched from Sholes to BB just in the last couple of days for this reason, not including me. They had bugs out the ass with Sholes or it couldn't handle 1GHz, they switch to BB and presto, no issues.

And I also said "for me" I didn't say "for sure".

I should also mention that the OP is the fourth person to complain about Sholes that I've seen recently.
    So lets see, 4 people (that is four ... 1, 2, 3, 4) ... 4 people out of HOW MANY ... had a major problem.

Come ON ... there are hundreds of people (maybe thousands) installing this thing ... and you want to say that there are major problems because 4 people had issues?

ummm ... ok
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    Where did I say it had major problems? Those are your words, not mine.

All I said was that BB was less buggy for me, and there are other well known members including Martin that had that same experience with stability.

I never said "don't use sholemod" I never once said that the ROM or the updater had "major issues". You said that, not me. I said THEY (as in those four people and myself) had bugs "out the ass" which was 100% true. I also said those bugs from THOSE people (notice I didn't generalize all of sholemod or the updater even the slightest bit) were fixed when they switched to BB.

Someone asked for an opinion on the difference between ROMs. I said what I felt was the difference and even made a statement to the effect that it was a "personal opinion" and "not something everyone seems to experience" and even clarified at a later time that it was MY experience outside of four others with similar problems, just that we have seen on the forum.
    Last edited by Matth3w; 02-14-2010 at 10:13 AM.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I have updated the SimplyStunning link for those that do not like the theme - really what you're looking for is Greek35T's base beta ROM (which I used as a base) and install the OC Kernel + wifi. The biggest diff between this ROM and BB for example is 2.0.1 vs 2.1. If you like 2.0.1, no reason to switch ... using Greek's base + my OC will give you the stock 2.1 launcher also.
    D1 GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning Gingerbread v5.6 (2.3.7) - from Source - 10/17/2011
    DX GB (10/17/2011) - Simply Stunning X Gingerbread v2.2 (2.3.7, GB Kernel) - from Source - 10/17/2011

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ChevyNo1Droid

If you enjoy my ROM's, feel free to help support my efforts by donating. I spend quite a few hours making sure you get the best ROM out there Your support is much appreciated! Paypal
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    lets not ARGUE over which major bugs. I have only used sholes so i can not honestly compare. I will admit sholes have had some minor bugs....maps fc, youtube fc, camera fc, but they are quick to fix them for the most part. Now I saw a thread on here about BB issues. Either way Im staying with sholes because I like the button press update. It is just less time consuming for me. Either way it is good to compare the goods and bads of roms so we can use it to point out to the devs to continue pushing out a better product.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Well my choice was made simple for me. I used Sholes in the beginning, this was my first ROM and I had zero issues. After a while I kept reading about Bugless Beast and decided to take the plunge, I found that the name was not very honest (imo) as I had a few bugs here and there upon initial installation. I have been rooting since before the SMupdater existed, I was able to push through the bugs, read the forums and fix the issues I had with BB. However, with no issues stemming from the SholesMod ROM's (save one that got fixed by a dev same day we found it) I found that working with a obviously misleading named ROM was not for me. Sholes=Happiness, BB=meh. This is just my experience, I know others have had similarly opposite experiences. But from the perspective of someone who knows the ins and outs of rooting via the adb shell and ROM flashing via both apps and SPRecovery, sholesmod seems the obvious choice to me.
    Woody...........ah im goin to joggle my whittling knife in ya....

DroidMod- FAST! Racehorse duct-taped to a SCUD Missile fast!

Friendly Reminder to all members

Favorite word combination: Boat Regatta?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Droid O/C and loving it
    I have used/tried all of the major Roms out there and the one that has been most stable for me has been the sholes one. I haven't had any FC's like I have with the other ones out there. I really like the simply stunning 2.1 Rom a lot. As soon as Chevy adds a few things to the Rom I will definitely use that one full time.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links