DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bugless Beast, pinch zoom and Default Browser

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid-UD8

Bugless Beast, pinch zoom and Default Browser

I so installed bugless beast 7.5 yesterday and today I notice that if i place my finger on the screen or scroll, the text and webpage gets very blurry until I stay still. Is this the fault of Bugless Beast or pinch zooming. It's very very annoying, especially since I'm very detail oriented, starts to trigger my OCD ways. I attached 2 screenies taken using Drocap2. The first is with a finger pressed on the screen. The second is just a normal stable screen.

Side Note: I also noticed today that now my speaker phone does not work during calls. This is a HUGE deal breaker for me and is about to force me to unroot back to how I had it before. Anyone have a solution or suggestion on what caused this?

Droid Does....Take over your life!!

JOIN #UDROM ON IRC!!!!! UltimateDroid Support
  2. dbu
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I read on another post somewhere that it has to do with the way the Milestone (European Droid) multi-touch browser handle anti-aliasing on the web pages.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    for the browser try xScope. It's WAY better than the default browser in just about every way possible (the only exception being it's not skinned/themed yet).

As for speaker phone and the browser there is something wrong with your flash so you should try reinstalling the ROM. I'm running BB 0.7.5 (OC'd @ 950) and speakerphone AND default browser both work fine (well default browser sucks, see above, but I used speaker at least 3 times today with NO problems).
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    for the browser try xScope. It's WAY better than the default browser in just about every way possible (the only exception being it's not skinned/themed yet).

As for speaker phone and the browser there is something wrong with your flash so you should try reinstalling the ROM. I'm running BB 0.7.5 (OC'd @ 950) and speakerphone AND default browser both work fine (well default browser sucks, see above, but I used speaker at least 3 times today with NO problems).
    Everyone should just get Xscope. Not sure why people don't understand this. Simply the best browser (as well as other things) out there. Just get it!!!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Help me with this....

Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post

Everyone should just get Xscope. Not sure why people don't understand this. Simply the best browser (as well as other things) out there. Just get it!!!
    Why is Xsope so much better than Dolphin? I have Paid/Donated for both and have to say I like the pin to zoom on the Xscope and Gary is super responsive but the whole menu bar on the top sucks-it looks like something from 10 years ago and is to small to accurately tap. There are no "mgeek" shortcuts available for the desktop...minor, and there are quirky renderings when zooming in an out. I have not given up on xsope but don't think its the best and will probably use Dolphin as my default browser for now.
    Any thoughts???? I mean this as CC not to be a dick
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I'm guessing the blur is just from the phone getting ready to focus if you are scrolling or about to zoom.

Most peoples reason for getting the custom roms is so they don't have to use Dolphin or at least thats what it was for me.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    the 2.0 software did this to make scrolling more fluid. when 2.0.1 came out, it stopped doing this, making a very choppy, slow, scroll.

i dont mind the blur because i dont read anything until i lift my finger. plus, i like the smoothness of the movement
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    i have it the milestone browsers, and it does it to me, but i dont really care because i don't read anyway while i'm scrolling and the multi-touch is worth it
    got eris: 12/24/09
    returned eris: 12/28/09
    got droid: 12/31/09
    rooted droid: sometime in january (right after it was released (manually))
    bb->2.1 sbf->desire rom> 2.1bb> 2.2
    got incredible as warranty replacement 8/31/10
    shattered inc screen 9/25/10-> got insurace replacement 10/4/10
    broke inc screen 10/19/10-> got warranty replacement 10/22/10
    got moto droid 1 off ebay 1/7/11
    broke inc screen 5/26/11-> got insurance replacement inc2 5/27/11
    sold inc2 & bought vzw 16gb iphone 4 6/9/11
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by dverplank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post

Why is Xsope so much better than Dolphin? I have Paid/Donated for both and have to say I like the pin to zoom on the Xscope and Gary is super responsive but the whole menu bar on the top sucks-it looks like something from 10 years ago and is to small to accurately tap. There are no "mgeek" shortcuts available for the desktop...minor, and there are quirky renderings when zooming in an out. I have not given up on xsope but don't think its the best and will probably use Dolphin as my default browser for now.
    Any thoughts???? I mean this as CC not to be a dick
    I have zero issues tapping the top bar. Love the new multi tab view to see what screens you actually have open. The new copy text option is great as well. The browser itself carries no extra baggage like Dolphin and the stock. Meaning...some of us had an issue with typing in this forum via the phone. There was severe lag. Turns out this is only on the stock and Dolphin browsers. I see what you mean about the old looks, but to be honest I dont use the browser to look at the menus...I use it to search the web... you? I use the full screen (and I mean full which also does not show the top notification bar) so I dont see the top menu at all until I need it. Then, I see it for about 2 seconds and boom...it is gone again. I have used every available broswer including the milestone and you will never ever convince me that this browser is not superior. It does everything and more without getting in the way of itself. I also believe the majority of people that try it tend to agree with me. It comes to personal taste and what you want out of a browser. I want to look at the web and nothing else. I could care less about the pretty colors of dolphin...really...no need for it at all. The less I see of a browser the better I like it.
    Last edited by mjs31; 02-13-2010 at 12:44 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    xscope is hideous
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links