SMUpdater Infinite Loop
I've seen this happen to several people (including myself now) but I haven't seen a resolution.
When you get to the end of the installer in SPRecovery you get thrown back to the beginning of the install. Then once you answer keep or wipe data it throws you back to the beginning again. Infinitely.
I've gone through the update several times now and this just happened out of no where. So it seems to be a bug.
Does anyone know how to get out of the infinite loop?
I haven't experienced this myself after multiple flashes.... :confused:
Same here as well. Just keeps going, and going...
Ok. Got through it.
I need to get a little more detailed about my scenario.
1. I went from stock droid to SMUpdater from the market v1.2
2. Lots of issues with screen, location, 3g dropping, WiFi dropping
3. I went straight to v2.0.1 via SMUpdater
4. More stable but still screen issues, location issues
5. I went to v2.0.2 via SMUpdater at around 10am est today
6. Same as 4
7. Ran SMUpdater to go back to 2.0.1 stock no root
8. Uninstalled SMUpdater
9. Installed SMUpdater
11. Reinstalled 2.0.2
12. during the install I selected only the stuff I really wanted and removed a bunch of stuff. This is when I entered the infinite loop
13. it allowed me to select things to install/not install
14. after the first loop it started over after asking wipe / keep data so I couldn't even select which parts I wanted to install
15. I removed the battery for 30 min and it immediately went back into the installer. This time though it allowed me to pick what I wanted to install again.
16. I selected to install everything except dropbear
17. This is the only way I could get it to work
1a. For people that are running into the infinite loop what applications did you select?
1b. If others ran a selective install and hit the infinite loop my guess would have to be that there is either 1 app, 1 or more apps, or a certain selection that needs to be made in order for the installer to work.
I think this would be a serious issue as people could be running this and stuck in an infinite loop with the resources for help like this forum.
Glad you got it working. And good post detailing your findings :)
We have never experienced this infinite loop problem. Can you please tell me the exact options that you chose when it goes into the infinite loop?
Originally Posted by mrdroid
from what i gather the only people having this issue are ones using this to root.
go back to stock, root using one of the 100s of how tos , flash latest rec img, make a nandroid backup, then use sholesmod app
I got same problem.
SPRecovery show up Wipe data?
so I went through setip.( I also tried both wipe and no keep)
then wipe data shows up again...maybe more than 10 times again...
I pulled out battery several times but didnt work.
* 2.1 keyboard (w/ speech dictation)
2.1 Launcher (home screen)
Milestone Browser (Multitouch)
Minimum brightness hack
* YouTube HQ
* WiFi Tether
* HQ Video
2.0 Lockscreen Vibrate Mod
FLAC Support (Work in progress)
Milestone 2.0.0 Widgets
G1 IM app
* Remove Corporate Calendar
* Remove Email
* Remove Visual Voicemail Stub
* Remove Amazon MP3 store
* 2.1 Gallery3D (Picasa, Multitouch)
* 2.0.1 Gallery (Stock)
2.1 (smoked glass)
Milestone 2.0.0 (coverflow)
Milestone 2.0.0 (coverflow) (smoked glass)
* 2.0.1 (stock)
* 2.0.1 (stock/no multitouch)
Select the theme
* is What I choose.
then I decided changing installation option.
(I first choose 2.1 Gallery3D (Picasa, Multitouch) then decided to go with 2.0.1 Gallery (Stock))
and finaly it worked.
I'm not sure that gallery thing caused problem.
This is fixed in version 5. Check the updated link to the free APK, or the market for the updated version.
Originally Posted by mark729
i have version 5 from the market place, mine gets stuck in the loop every time when i choose the stock gallary. as soon as i choose the stock gallary it bypasses any other options and starts the loop. i just redid everything but picked the new gallary and im up and running. i believe this is the problem.
Originally Posted by Berzerker