DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 880

Thread: [ROM .tgz] SholesMod 2.0.1 *****in' Bægel (UPDATED: 2/4/10)

  1. Master Droid
    hughesjr's Avatar
    Member #
    14620
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    [ROM .tgz] SholesMod 2.0.1 *****in' Bægel (UPDATED: 2/4/10)

    The current app called SholesMod Updater costs $5.00 in the market, it is also available for free http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.apk.

    This app can Install ROOT, Overclock, install Wireless Tether, openvpn, and the lastest sholes.info 2.0.2 ROM.

    Here are the release notes for the 2.0.2 release:
    AllDroid - View topic - [ROM .tgz] SholesMod 2.0.1 *****in' Bægel (UPDATED: 2/4/10)

    Known Issues:
    -Landscape bug in app drawer still exists on Launcher2.
    -Weather does not display properly in clock. (It's in Celsius)
    -Picasa syncing only works after wipe/data.
    -Gmail syncing may break after installation. (WORKAROUND: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu button > Filter > All > Select the "Clear Data" option from BOTH "Gmail" and "Gmail Storage")
    -1 out of 1,000,000 times, the phone may crash on a phone call (it's happened to us once and we haven't been able to reproduce it, maybe just a fluke)
    -Power Control widget may take a while to be usable/update on first boot.

    Here is the current changelog:
    AllDroid - View topic - Sholesmod Changelog (Current to 2.0.1)

    And the current Source Code changes:
    mkrom_sholes_info: log

    Bug Reports for this ROM:
    Bug Reports, and random discussion (NO SUPPORT QUESTIONS)
    Last edited by hughesjr; 02-05-2010 at 12:07 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid
    jpolidore's Avatar
    Member #
    11165
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    GS4
    #2
    I have been following the old thread for 3 days, waiting for this update to arrive for the overclock ability. I am about to donate and download and I see something in the realease notes I do not understand. It says NO SWYPE KEYBOARD, does that mean it was addressed and fixed or does that mean it does not work? I am curious because swype is my favorite app so far. Any help is appreciated.
  4. Master Droid
    hughesjr's Avatar
    Member #
    14620
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jpolidore View Post
    I have been following the old thread for 3 days, waiting for this update to arrive for the overclock ability. I am about to donate and download and I see something in the realease notes I do not understand. It says NO SWYPE KEYBOARD, does that mean it was addressed and fixed or does that mean it does not work? I am curious because swype is my favorite app so far. Any help is appreciated.
    The company that developed swype asked them to take it out of their ROM ... you can install it manually (like any other APP). Make sure you have a copy of the .apk file for swype before you install the ROM and you can install it afterward, if necessary.
  5. Droid
    jpolidore's Avatar
    Member #
    11165
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    GS4
    #4
    OK so I can just back it up, and re-install after the flash. Thank you, I will be making the purchase today.
  6. Senior Droid
    mossostdrauka's Avatar
    Member #
    14415
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South West MI
    Posts
    125
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #5
    updating now....

    This has been so awesome! I love this community... so many helpful people.

    Quick question: Not sure if I saw this right but when you ran the updater did it have the option right there to go back to 2.0.1 unbooted? if so thats pretty sweet!
  7. Master Droid
    poooookah78's Avatar
    Member #
    22933
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    282
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Ok,

    Please help me. :P I bought the app from the market. Installed and followed directions like I should have. After I installed, I noticed that the PDA net app didn't work, I also noticed that google maps weren't working and navigation wasn't working. THEN I did the unroot found on page 50 something and I did it with method 4a. Now I'm back in regular mode (I hope). but now voice navigation doesn' work. In fact, there is no voice button to push anymore. HELP!!!! Yes, GPS is turned on. HELP!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! I want my old phone back, stock.
  8. Master Droid
    hughesjr's Avatar
    Member #
    14620
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by poooookah78 View Post
    Ok,

    Please help me. :P I bought the app from the market. Installed and followed directions like I should have. After I installed, I noticed that the PDA net app didn't work, I also noticed that google maps weren't working and navigation wasn't working. THEN I did the unroot found on page 50 something and I did it with method 4a. Now I'm back in regular mode (I hope). but now voice navigation doesn' work. In fact, there is no voice button to push anymore. HELP!!!! Yes, GPS is turned on. HELP!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! I want my old phone back, stock.
    AllDroid - View topic - How to *completely* get back to stock (no su, no busybox)
  9. Master Droid
    poooookah78's Avatar
    Member #
    22933
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    282
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hughesjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poooookah78 View Post
    Ok,

    Please help me. :P I bought the app from the market. Installed and followed directions like I should have. After I installed, I noticed that the PDA net app didn't work, I also noticed that google maps weren't working and navigation wasn't working. THEN I did the unroot found on page 50 something and I did it with method 4a. Now I'm back in regular mode (I hope). but now voice navigation doesn' work. In fact, there is no voice button to push anymore. HELP!!!! Yes, GPS is turned on. HELP!! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! I want my old phone back, stock.
    AllDroid - View topic - How to *completely* get back to stock (no su, no busybox)

    I did that already. No little microphone icon on the main screen by the google search bar.
  10. Droid
    bmore's Avatar
    Member #
    24520
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Verizon ThunderBolt
    #9
    I was all set to buy this last night but it seems that many many issues have come up with alot of different people. Maybe this was released before it was ready to use.

    If i was having the issues alot are reporting id be asking for my money back.
  11. cfi on the fly's Avatar
    Member #
    3574
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #10
    Seems like lots of people after rooting with this are having navigation problems.

    Navigation is something I use daily and cannot afford to have any bugs with. Is everyone having problems, or just limited to a few?
Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Updated to 2.0.1
    By big_adventure in forum Motorola Milestone
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 12:40 AM
  2. K-9 Email Updated
    By griz8791 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 07:35 PM
  3. [ROM .tgz] Sholesmod 2.0.0 B¡tchin' Bægel!
    By Berzerker in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 07:38 PM
  4. SholesMod Updater on Market
    By BigFwoosh in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 01:21 PM
  5. Handcent updated
    By JasonChan in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Search tags for this page

how to root android 8650
,
roms for via 8650
,

via 8650 bricked

,

via 8650 overclock

,
via 8650 overclock 1000mhz
,
via 8650 overclock#gsc.tab
,

via 8650 rom

,

via 8650 rom download

,
via8650 rom
,
via8650 wince rom
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+