DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM .tgz] SholesMod 2.0.1 *****in' Bægel (UPDATED: 2/4/10)

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    This is starting to remind me of hybrids in Blackberry. Are we going to see new versions of this every other day or so?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Hey, I'm actually watching this thing. It does a Nandroid back up like I hear everybody recommend. Now it's installing the 2.02.rom.tgz. This is cool, yesterday I was too worried to pay attention.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Jer
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101
    Quote Originally Posted by dwoid View Post
    Yup. From having run through the 2.0.2 install process twice this morning to make sure I really saw what I saw, I can tell you for sure, there is an option to *NOT* use 2.1 Launcher. The JIT compiler option is gone, but it is *NOT* being offered or being used in 2.0.2
    Good. That's probably a good move by the dev and will save lots of issues from n00bs who can't read prior to installing.
  4. Jer
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    This is starting to remind me of hybrids in Blackberry. Are we going to see new versions of this every other day or so?
    Since this is so complex and relatively brand new we can only hope the devs are working on it that much to have frequent updates. Unlike Blackberry updates on Android based phones are generally upgrades.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    they must had a lot of problems with the JIT they removedit completely lets see if this update is better
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwoid View Post
    Yup. From having run through the 2.0.2 install process twice this morning to make sure I really saw what I saw, I can tell you for sure, there is an option to *NOT* use 2.1 Launcher. The JIT compiler option is gone, but it is *NOT* being offered or being used in 2.0.2
    Good. That's probably a good move by the dev and will save lots of issues from n00bs who can't read prior to installing.
    Yeah, I noticed the JIT option being gone but I missed the NOT on the launcher.

So what all benefit did we get out of this, other then see my battery temperature raise to 98 degrees (or 96)?
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Idk about the home screen i have home switcher so i may keep it on the default home, any one on the other one, have you seen a diff or is it still buggy, and lagging.

When i switched the home screen to default yesterday I noticed the lagginess left the screen.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Well, to be fair, it was only introduced about 30 hours ago. The fact that the Sholes support people are out there watching us is a *good* thing.

I suspect there was enough confusion among us users that the install process needed to be cleaned up a bit. The only real MAJOR bug fix is removing the option to load the JIT compiler, which is real buggy

Previous to this product, the only way you could install a custom ROM was to follow a "quick and easy" 297 step process (actually it was only 26 steps but it had lots of extra details ). This product makes the Shole ROMs available to those of us who for one reason or another didn't care to go through those more difficult steps. So all of a sudden Sholes has a real, less-technically-oriented user community which is pretty dependant on their support. That's probably why they released 2.0.2 at this time -- as much as anything, to make the installation easier.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Well, first I'd say if your battery is heating up that much there's something else going on. Mine is not doing that. What overclock settings are you using?

Aside from the obvious tethering and overclocking possiblities and multi-touch, there are a number of upgraded applications and new modes to choose from. For me, I was waiting for either the official 2.1 OTA or an easy to use, feature rich custom ROM installer... Sholes won that race, and I'm staying with them now, they'll probably always be a number of steps ahead of the official releases.

So what all benefit did we get out of this, other then see my battery temperature raise to 98 degrees (or 96)?
    Last edited by dwoid; 02-05-2010 at 10:59 AM.
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    I was gonna switch to bb, but ima stay with sholes because if they are taking the time to update and fix the phone, and all i have to do is click a button instead of type in ### commands then Im in. I know some people love the rooting process command style. I do not have the time, and in the past 3 days they sent 3 updates; thats alot of commands. Unless BB has an app, im sticking with sholes unless they start slipping and getting off their game.
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Links