DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM .tgz] Sholesmod 2.0.0 B¡tchin' Bægel!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic with Safestrap
    I just bought sholesmod app. It says my recovery image needs to be updated. I said OK. Then it says, 'Are you really sure? This probably will break your recovery mode.' Yet the continue button reads, "Flash recovery image." So that sounds like exactly what I should be doing. Why is it going to break? I don't get it.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I got the app off market and ran it but it times out and requires a FC, my droid is rooted and this would be my first rom, what am i doing wrong?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by anuraj1 View Post
    I am pretty sure he means B*tchinBagel. The new Sholes ROM.
    d'oh, my bad. Sorry.

Wow, this is going to get confusing with three different ROMs all abbreviated as BB...

Edit: I hope the next release is Carnivorous Croissant
    Last edited by Se7enLC; 02-04-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    Cool CM Tricks
    custom_backup_list.txt - make a list of files in /system that will survive a nightly install (ringtones, notifications, system apps, wallpapers, whatever)
    in Terminal Emulator, set this as your shell command: "/system/xbin/su -c /system/xbin/bash". You get all the features of bash, root access, and you can still use the initial command field for whatever you want (default is adding /data/local/bin to your path)
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    AnurajBhatt
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by anuraj1 View Post
    On another note, is there a way to get the 2.0.1 lockscreen back? I'm not a fan of the circular unlock thing.
    Nevermind, reflashed ROM and unchecked the 2.0.0 unlock with vibrate mod. After reflash, the video recorder force closed a couple of times but started working pretty quick after those initial hiccups.

Maps had a hard time finding GPS signal until I used a Task Killer to kill everything and tried to navigate. Works well now.

The new launcher has rebooted my phone a couple of times when I hit the button to see all my apps.

On startup, it ALWAYS says Voice Dialer not responding, Force Close or Wait. I've been pressing Wait.

I'm also noticing an echo on calls. Vocode is set to 13k which works best for me, but not sure why calls are echoing.

Other than those minor issues, this ROM is beautiful. 800 mhz def drains the battery quicker, but that's okay because on standby and charging, SetCPU throttles back to save battery.

I love this thing! All my fear was for nothing! This is what the phone was meant to feel like.
    Last edited by anuraj1; 02-04-2010 at 11:33 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @berzerker7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by spazma7ik View Post
    Berzerker, quick question before I buy the app.

If I decide to unroot, will it reset my phone completely, as in everything back to stock and then I have to download everything and sync everything again?
    No, it does not wipe data, so all of your settings will still be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsock View Post
    if i flash the evilboot9 will that give me 900mhz? or will it work with this rom?
    also when i updated to 2.0.1 i didnt install 2.1 launcher and have not had any reboots i mentioned in previous post.

edit sorry for 2 questions in one post but can i delete the roms found in root of sdcard after it installs them?
    We don't support other kernels with use of our ROM. Besides the fact, Taz's kernels are 2.0.0 kernels, which have the music crackling problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazen View Post
    Will this enable live wallpapers on this version?
    No, those will require Android 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by JRFogarty View Post
    Sorry, noob question... just rooted a few nights ago to 1.1 using the 60+ steps outlined by cplus and then installed bb while waiting for 2.0's release. I went to the market and grabbed the updater. do i click allow and let it do its thing or is there a .tgz file that i need to put to my root and install that way?
    Just follow the instructions and download the tgz when it asks you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    Ok guys..there are tow long threads.. the current release is 2.0.1 not 2.0.0
    If you could change the title of the topic for me, I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by tsitalon1 View Post
    Berzerker,

I haven't installed this yet, I am still on Sholesmod 1.2 app that I installed yesterday.

I may have missed it in the release notes, but I was wondering if this newest version resolves the music playback bug at full volume?

There is a bug that creates random pops/clicks in the music app when the volume is turned up all the way. This bug was also on the original Motorola 2.0 build and was resolved by verizon/Moto on 2.01. It's back now.
    Are you sure? Our kernels are based on 2.0.1, so they shouldn't have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by searayman View Post
    was it just me or can we not select 2.0.1 launcher anymore? I feel like the 2.1 launcher is not smooth at all when transitioning from landscape to portrait
    The 2.0.1 launcher is installed by default, so if you uncheck the 2.1 launcher at flash, it will just install the 5-screen 2.0.1 launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by sincal View Post
    Ok. I udated from the 1.2 to the new ****** rom last night, Everything went smoothly and now today the browser keeps force closing and while in a call my phone reboots. I have reflashed 5 times and it still does this. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Reflash it and make triple sure that "Enable JIT" is not checked.

Quote Originally Posted by rednukleus View Post
    I just bought sholesmod app. It says my recovery image needs to be updated. I said OK. Then it says, 'Are you really sure? This probably will break your recovery mode.' Yet the continue button reads, "Flash recovery image." So that sounds like exactly what I should be doing. Why is it going to break? I don't get it.
    It's just a disclaimer our dev uses, don't worry about things saying it will break. Just him trying to save his own hide.

Retired: Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible. VZW iPhone
    Current phone: Droid Bionic
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So when you say "Will post link on 2-05-10" do you mean at midnight?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @berzerker7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad0w325 View Post
    24 hours from when it was posted last night...which will be around 1-2AM EST (GMT -5)

Retired: Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible. VZW iPhone
    Current phone: Droid Bionic
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedaroth View Post
    I got the app off market and ran it but it times out and requires a FC, my droid is rooted and this would be my first rom, what am i doing wrong?
    Can anyone offer a tip??

Nothing?
    Last edited by Nedaroth; 02-04-2010 at 11:59 AM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad0w325 View Post
    24 hours from when it was posted last night...which will be around 1-2AM EST (GMT -5)
    Awesome, thanks! Amazing work by the way, I've been using Sholes 1.2 since it came out and I've loved every bit of it. Can't wait to get my hands on 2.0.1!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid/Cyanogen
    Interesting, don't know if it's just me, but adding a second gmail account and setting it to sync causes the phone to reboot.

edit: hrm, upon reboot it's working though, so I guess I can't complain.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Links