DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: [ROM .tgz] Sholesmod 2.0.0 B¡tchin' Bægel!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by supahrob View Post
    Ok, I Rooted (manually) and it was pretty easy, took about 3 minutes as I was told here.

I then went and downloaded the SMUpdater and ran it. A box came up asking me about "allow or deny" or something like that... I clicked "allow" and waited. And waited. And waited some more, and (you guessed it) waited a bit more. The SMUpdater screen is black. I can still see the notification bar up at the top, even got a few txt messages. When I try to click anything, SMUpdater causes a FC. I tried a few times with identical results. I like consistency... just not like this lol.

Any ideas?

Take care,
    Rob
    Hit Home and re-launch the Updater.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    fff
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboyd View Post
    I just updated. 2.0.2 and wiped the system as I did the first time. All seemed to go smoothly until I tried to reinstall my apps. I can't download anything from the market. Any suggestions?
    I have the same problem. When trying to download anything from the market it just says "authorizing download". Someone pls help!!
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I attempted to install the SMU today with much difficulty as you might see in some past posts. I finally uninstalled it to it's original 2.0.1 and everything is running pretty smoothly again. I do however have two widgets on my desktop..one says 'supervisor permission' and the other says 'bright control' neither of which are in the applicatioins management file so I can't uninstall them. I also have four screens now rather than three. Any ideas how I can get these icons off and make sure nothing was messed up on my droid? Should I go with a factory reset?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Quote Originally Posted by dtartini View Post
    fff
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboyd View Post
    I just updated. 2.0.2 and wiped the system as I did the first time. All seemed to go smoothly until I tried to reinstall my apps. I can't download anything from the market. Any suggestions?
    I have the same problem. When trying to download anything from the market it just says "authorizing download". Someone pls help!!
    dtartini, I restored my phone using the backup created before, and it's fine now. I don't know if I created this problem because i used this app to load Bugless Beast 0.7.4 or not. I simply ran the backup from the restoration screen and then ran the Sholes 2.0.2 update without wiping the system this time. Everything is OK now.
    Last edited by kaboyd; 02-05-2010 at 04:26 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid!
    SMUpdate is completely blank for me (I installed version 4 using the APK on sholes.info). Is this because they were having problems with it? Do I have to install 2.0.2 manually? (im still on 1.x btw)
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    dtartini, I restored my phone using the backup created before, and it's fine now. I don't know if I created this problem because i used this app to load Bugless Beast 0.7.4 or not. I simply ran the backup from the restoration screen and then ran the Sholes 2.0.2 update without wiping the system this time. Everything is OK now. [/QUOTE]

Thnx kaboyd that worked great. I was stressing out for a bit there
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Quote Originally Posted by dtartini View Post
    dtartini, I restored my phone using the backup created before, and it's fine now. I don't know if I created this problem because i used this app to load Bugless Beast 0.7.4 or not. I simply ran the backup from the restoration screen and then ran the Sholes 2.0.2 update without wiping the system this time. Everything is OK now.
    Thnx kaboyd that worked great. I was stressing out for a bit there[/QUOTE]
    NP. Happy Droidin.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quick question everyone, can I use the steps in this tutorial to root and then apply the smupdater?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...lator-zip.html

The rooting in this tutorial looks a lot easier to follow than some others I've read and seems like everyone hasn't been getting any problems.
    I wanted to try BB 0.7.4 and if I didn't like it I can use sholesmod updater and install his rom? I'm going to get the program no matter what because it seems to have the function to revert the phone back to stock and unrooted?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted Droid @ 1Ghz
    Working great for me with one exception...
    When I attempt to press Accounts & Sync, my phone reboots every time.

Otherwise, excellent work, as usual.
  10. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

newb question... sorry

so if im already running buless on my droid, can i still install this with the instructions listed or do i have to go back to stock, and then use the instructions?
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Links