DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: update on 621 rom lock out

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x rooted 621

Post update on 621 rom lock out

i have recently had the issue wiht the new 621 update locking me out of root and not being able to do what i want for my phone i have worked for 2 days on this now i found i could get a file called dx 621 root i had to make a machine i had inot a umbuto machine using linix and coded it like this from terminal
    typed :: chmod +x sbf_flash "enter"
    plug in phone
    type:: sudo ./sbf_flash mb809-2.3.5.sbf "enter"

this sbf file is in the dx file must copy file wiht sbf_flash to home directory befor attempting so far i can now root my phone and seems to wrk so far i have now tried one rom to no avail i got stuck and had to do this all over again as i get batter i will try it more phoen was going dead so had to put on charger but i also had to download a bootloader to get it to load the new boot file to install hard to fine some of these things any questions as i am a newbie at all this i have only done this like 3 times for my phones but learning as i go here i forgot to metion the rom i was trying to install that locked it in bootloader was liberty now sure why yet or if anyone else willl have the same issue but working on it
    Last edited by tecn0bot; 03-24-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: extras info

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x rooted 621
    ok people i am updating my post here i have succesfully flashed my droid x from the 621 update then i have now done the ics rom onto my droid x it is all functional now everything seems to work its a biot to get use to but i got it working finally after 3 days of trial and error i had to jump around from site to site to learn what i need to do i can tell anyone now what needs to be done and do it successfully first time out so be in touch i will respond you cna also e mail me i will respond to those as well and i do have the files needed except for umbutu linix i got a windows version and did a instlal as a os into my laptop holla if ya need to learn
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x rooted 621
    a few small glitche slike no weather program will run on it and camera flash is non functional but i hope to figure it out at some point
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x rooted 621
    here we go again i just flashed another rom to my droid x this time i am using muiu however ya spell that i like it alot better than the ics that came out i got more functionablity wiht it and i cna make things work alot better only issue i found is a camera issue when you focus like close in on a fac e the screens hows fine but whne you take the picture if goes out of focus and you got a blurry pic i hate that i went in and made some adjustments now i cna only take a pic if i am up close can not focus in and out or the blurr will happen but i am loveing it i got it themes for the transformers wooohooooo love techy stuff i don't know if its the newest version out there or now but still reaseaching it in order to do these roms i do have to go back to my orginal sbf then then root then load boorstrapper and then i cna flash the new rom liberty did not load on my phone got stuck in the loop but i have been trying different roms one a day cause the battery likes to drain takes time but i am able to make it happen after that dang 621 updat

Links