DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: [Themed ROM] Smoked Glass w/ White Clock

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bL33d77
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by themuffinman612 View Post
    well I can type fine on my stock 2.01 rom keyboard... so something's different. feels like the typing speed from the old 2.0 keyboard. It's like it takes longer to relaize when I touch the On-screen keyboard. And how do I go about getting the black Facebook widget?

Its not the keyboard its the milstone browser it has keyboard lag. Install dolphin and u wont have kb lag.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    It's in all apps though. Handcent messaging, the default messaging app, the search widget, everything.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    so i downloaded the Smoked Glass Plus ROM, but every time i get to step 14 to choose backup, its not listed. it lists the backup that i created just prior as well as an old backup that was created when i first rooted.
    all directions have been followed exactly.
    any suggestions? i've tried wiping the phone clean and starting over. didn't do anything.
    fwiw, I'm coming from 2.1
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOTED)
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by youreunderarrest View Post
    so i downloaded the Smoked Glass Plus ROM, but every time i get to step 14 to choose backup, its not listed. it lists the backup that i created just prior as well as an old backup that was created when i first rooted.
    all directions have been followed exactly.
    any suggestions? i've tried wiping the phone clean and starting over. didn't do anything.
    fwiw, I'm coming from 2.1
    Did you unzip the file and place it in your "nandroid" folder on your SD Card? Also... make sure that System.tar, Boot.img, and Recovery.img are in the main "SmokedGlass-v2-BSR-etc." folder and there isn't a folder in a folder.

You should have sdcard/nandroid/SmokedGlass-v2-BRS-etc/ and the files in there.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID...Finally!!
    can't wait to go home and install this...
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    im currently running first verison, like it alot, but got a few questions. I cant find Milestone browser with pinch and zoom, and i installed launcher2 the regular one before i installed this rom, and now i want uninstall it but i cant, its not in the applications - manage applications place. basically i think i might be missing some stuff and how can i access it, thanks much
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOTED)
    Premium Member
    It is the web browser... It won't let you pinch/zoom on the first Google search page because it's a mobile site. Click classic version or go to a regular web page and you can pinch/zoom. Also... You'll see you have "Gallery" and "Media Gallery"... "Gallery" is the one from 2.1 and "Media Gallery" is the one from the Milestone and has pinch/zoom as well.

I hope this answers you question...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Adam I must commend your work on this rom. You have done an amazing job and I feel like this is the exact direction other developers need to be moving in.

Many thanks for your hard work as well as that of crotalusfreak, Speeddymon and xeudoxus.
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 01-24-2010 at 03:31 AM.
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOTED)
    Premium Member
    Thanks man... I appreciate it...

I must say though - a bunch of the credit goes to the devs I mentioned... I just themed it and put everything together in a nice package that runs fast.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by themuffinman612 View Post
    well I can type fine on my stock 2.01 rom keyboard... so something's different. feels like the typing speed from the old 2.0 keyboard. It's like it takes longer to relaize when I touch the On-screen keyboard. And how do I go about getting the black Facebook widget?
    It more than likely is not the Browser like some are suggesting. Yes the browser does have some input lag (pretty bad in some places) on certain websites in certain text fields. I did some testing and not many people seem to find this a problem, but the keyboard doesn't register keys the same after installing this. The problem lies in the kernal that allows overclocking potential. Once that kernal replaces the default one, the keyboard has the input problem and it basically feels like the same keyboard that was in the stock 2.0 I don't know why this happens, I don't know linux or coding, etc. I just know from going back and forth between roms, that whenever I installed ANY rom that includes the overclock kernal (boot.img) that is when the keyboard sucks again. And btw, I say it isn't the browser because this is a problem for any text input field where you use the keyboard (txt msg, browser, searching, etc). Hopefully this isn't just a problem with just our two phones.

EDIT: Here is a post to a video of a guy who tests the 2.0 keyboard.

Here is the same guy doing the same thing on the keyboard once 2.0.1 became available.

Once I install any rom that has the overclock kernal in it, my keyboard acts just like it does for that guy in the first video. You can easily see a difference by typing "hahahaha" like this guy does. Anyway enough of my ranting, I love this theme! ...just not a fan of the overclock kernal.
    Last edited by eL777; 01-24-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Links