Hi all, i'll keep this as simple as possible.
So my friend that i met over the internet rooted my Samsung Galaxy S2 for me. Now, seeing all these INCREDIBLE home screens in this forums threads, i REALLY want a 'custom ROM' (whatever that is), and something on the lines of 'MIUI' style if that makes any sense.
1) What is a ROM?
2) Is it complicated to install into my phone?
3) Is it risky to put a ROM on my phone?
4) Once i've got the ROM, what do i do now? Can i customize it the way i want, through my phone? Or does it get very tricky to choose and install a preferred design?
5) What effect will it have on my phone? For example, battery life.
6) Any other information i should know about?
Thanks so much!
P.S. Wow, this site is looking fantastic! Bravo.