DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't cringe; what's the most STABLE ROM?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID classic

Don't cringe; what's the most STABLE ROM?

I'm a frequent reader of these forums and I'm aware that "what's the best ROM...?" is a subjective question dependant, in part, on your particular Droid.
    BUT - that being said, if we can narrow things down to one criteria - stability, what has the communities' experience been?
    I also know this is subjective based on what apps you might have running and what kernel / OC speed you have going. But all other things being equal, is there a ROM out there for the Droid 1 that is just renowned for stability?
    Don't flame me too bad!

Sent from my modded Droid Classic
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BPB View Post
    I'm a frequent reader of these forums and I'm aware that "what's the best ROM...?" is a subjective question dependant, in part, on your particular Droid.
    BUT - that being said, if we can narrow things down to one criteria - stability, what has the communities' experience been?
    I also know this is subjective based on what apps you might have running and what kernel / OC speed you have going. But all other things being equal, is there a ROM out there for the Droid 1 that is just renowned for stability?
    Don't flame me too bad!

Sent from my modded Droid Classic
    Project Elite 4.2

Not a single problem, no matter what new rom I decide to try, I keep nandroid of 4.2 on my phone and I always seem to go back.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've found Simply Stunning 5.4 by Chevy to be very stable (oc'd to 1.1ghz with Peter's v3 kernel) for gingerbread 2.3.4.

For 2.3.3, I found GPA14 by Peter to be the most stable.

Brandon
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
    I've found Simply Stunning 5.4 by Chevy to be very stable (oc'd to 1.1ghz with Peter's v3 kernel) for gingerbread 2.3.4.

Brandon
    I hope I don't come off as an a$$ here. And I've enjoyed SS5.4 and GPA15, but I don't think *any* Gingerbread roms even belong in the conversation.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaX24 View Post

Brandon
    I hope I don't come off as an a$$ here. And I've enjoyed SS5.4 and GPA15, but I don't think *any* Gingerbread roms even belong in the conversation.
    Well, for my phone, stable means everything runs as it's supposed to...and both of those ROMs fit that bill. No lockups, random reboots, all apps work as they should and I'm constantly connected. As long as that's the case and the phone doesn't lag/stutter, it's "stable" for me.

Brandon
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    estafusis
    Phone
    OG Droid / DINC2
    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaX24 View Post

Brandon
    I agree. I always go to charity smoked glass 11 when i get frustrated with a rom. Although I've been running SS 5.4 for 3 weeks while at camp (i guess you would call it that?) And have had 0 problems.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I've moved on to newer devices, but I test ROM's on my OG Droid. Every Gingerbread ROM I've seems to have fairly significant flaw.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1
    SS5.4 is pretty close to flawless.

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I haven't had a single issue with SS 5.4. I usually just wipe cache and dalvik cache every other day. Works amazing!

Rockin Rezound!!!
    Unlocked & Rooted
    Ineffabilis Rom (Sweeeeet)
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Maybe I was expecting too much from this thread when it started, or perhaps the few of you are very lucky.

He wanted *the* most stable rom. And I'm also interested in what people's *most stable* rom is. Not "mostly" stable, but the BEST for stability.

SS5.4, GPA nightlies, CM7.1 nightlies are all very good roms, but they aren't as completely rock solid as any good froyo ROM. They are newer, shinier and I enjoy running them, but he's calling for THEE most stable ROM.

Memory issues alone should discredit all GB ROMs. Supercharger, and some other tweaks go a long ways towards fixing them, but it's still not perfect. On top of that, every single GB ROM that I know of is still getting "patches" and "fixes"... doesn't that say something?

PE4.2, Sourcery 2.2 and a few other Froyo roms are rock solid stable, no memory issues, no glitches, and they haven't even been developed for weeks. While there are other issues with this (aren't going to see any new features added), it sure as heck is a sign that they are about perfection stability wise if people are still using them frequently.

Droid Concepts, Sourcery, PE4.2, Pete's deodexed droid stock build and many other Froyo ROMs aren't nearly as exciting as the new GB ROMs, but they are what the OP is asking for.

*Jerk rant over*
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links