Ok, so thi may not be in the right section, but I have been reading forums for 3 days now on rooting, roms, kenels and the like. I understand how to root and what it does, I have adb, and I am currenty ready to root. I have a few questions thought that have not been answered directly in other forums so I was hoping someone here could help me out.
1. Can I use stock ROM, and the stock kernel once I root and still see noticable gains in battery life if I use set CPU?
2. I am considering flashing Das Bamf or Das Bamf Remix, but there seems to be so many versions and talk about a new radio, How do I know what I need and what will work?
3. What are the advantages of running aftermarket kernels and how do I know which to choose that will work with my phone?
4. I believe phone data is erased when rooting, but does flashing a ROM also erase phone data?
5. When the phone data is erased, does that mean its basically like a factory reset in which all apps, settings, contacts and so on are like the phone was just taken out of the box?
I apologize for the newbie questions, but I just want to make sure of everything before hand so I dont screw myself over. Any help is greatly appreciated as I do plan on rooting this evening but I would want to root and flash the new rom all at the same time so I dont have to set up my device twice.