DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I really need some help with multiple phone models.

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android

I really need some help with multiple phone models.

I found myself in an odd position. I have to get my wife's D1 and my D2 replaced. But they are both rooted, rom'd, OC'd, and so on. My main concern, or biggest wish, is to make a clean backup and restore them both to stock...then when replacements arrive just flash backup's and be back to where we are today.....as both phones are fully loaded and modded to our liking.

Droid 1:
    Has some funky issues with ANY ROM I install. You can start playing music in Gtunes and it will start on it's own a song or 2 later playing songs with the music player....at the same time....so you hear 2 songs playing. Also experiences frequent reboots. All of this is after multiple ROM flashes and wipes.....

Droid 2:
    Like a dip@#$% I was pressing my volume down button way to hard one day and messed it up. The phone otherwise works great...but the volume down is super sensative now....barely brush it and it responds constantly driving my phone into vibrate mode. I can't figure out how to fix it.

SO.....I have heard that VZW might replace the D1 with a DX but I don't know....as for the D2 I hope they just send me another D2....I don't want an X nor a D2G. But I am curious if there is any hope for my plan......also....how do I return a D1 to stock without a backup? I made one before but her phone was stolen and the card was wiped before I got it back.

Thanks in advance.....I didn't know where to post this as it has to do with both a D1 and a D2.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.

3. cdexsw
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    SO.....I have heard that VZW might replace the D1 with a DX but I don't know
    good news for you, Verizon & Asurion now have plenty of stock of the D1/Refurb from what i was told last week but in the event they do send out something different it will most likely be a D2 as it is the closest to what you have now. they were only sending the DX's awhile back when they were running short/low on the D1's.

but om the same note....the DX is cheaper than the D2 so.....who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdslogic View Post
    as for the D2 I hope they just send me another D2....I don't want an X nor a D2G
    atm they are still replacing the D2's with D2's. which flavor of the D2....i can not say.

Note: i got my info from Tad Lerzen, corp sales/marketing rep north texas.
    Last edited by cdexsw; 05-10-2011 at 06:34 PM.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    yeah I just called and they offered a choice of the DX or D2....I think for her D1 I am going to select the X and just get another D2 to replace mine till the D3 drops.

Where can I find a SBF for the D1?
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid
    peter alfonso's page.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    here on the forum? I don't have twitter
  7. cdexsw
    nerdslogic, i sent you a pm

i do not know if we can posts links to sbf's. dont want to p!ss off the mods
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    got it and thank you.....I got all the issues resolved.

Links