DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the best Rom for Moto Droid 1

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Simply stunning is hands down tops IMO, smooth blazing fast, a few bugs (but that's just GB) but far less than on most other GB ROMS

Sent from my Droid
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Depends on what you are looking for. I used Bugless and it was excellent but hasn't been updated with the latest Froyo release. I used and really like PE4.2 but yet again not updated. Most of the active roms seem to be GB based, I found most with some bugs and fewer features then a mature froyo (that i have tried).
    I was just on RaidZero .5 and it totally flys and is up to date. It has fewer customizations than some others.
    I am trying Petes GPA15 (again) with a clean install and only basic apps and it is working pretty good.
    I do feel many apps do not play that nice on GB since very few phones are out with it at this time..
    Have fun
  3. cdexsw
    actually, there is no such thing as "The Best" rom for any device. it is all about preference....and thats it.

each dev builds a rom with there own flavor in mind thus making no 2 roms the same.

you really need to flash and try each rom for at least 1 week before making a decision.

just because 1 person likes a specific rom does not mean you will or that that rom with run w/o issues on your phone. it is about what works 99% on your device. you will always have that 1% for errors no matter which rom.

i ran every rom available for the droid 1. i really had no favorite or best.....after awhile a rom is.......well just a rom.

best advise.....try them all.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid 1
    Got to throw in a plug for PEv4.2... simply the strongest Froyo ROM out there. If you're new to rooting/ flashing, I'd recommend sticking with a 2.2.x ROM. GB ROMs are still buggy and unstable almost without exception, until you've tweaked them or flashed a patch or two. Also flashing to 2.3.x from an established 2.2 system requires a ton of re setting EVERYTHING, since none of your data will come forward.
    PEv4.2 is incredibly feature- filled, plus it has nearly every available theme ported to it.
    Flash and run it for a bit while the GB ROMs get a little more dialed.

Fwiw, I'm currently very happy with PEv5.0.2, but only after i flashed imoseyon's swap scripts and changed to a kernel that supports USB mounting.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Fred Schuldt
    -Moto D1, Rooted blahblahblah
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @bigmarv11
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've been using cyanogenmod 7.0.3 and it's been working very well on my OG Droid. I'm new to this whole deal, but after very minute tweaks, the rom works nicely, except for the random reboot just now... hmmm. I'll check on this recent development and get back to yall.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarv11 View Post
    I've been using cyanogenmod 7.0.3 and it's been working very well on my OG Droid. I'm new to this whole deal, but after very minute tweaks, the rom works nicely, except for the random reboot just now... hmmm. I'll check on this recent development and get back to yall.
    +1 on CM7, I'm on Nightly Build #71 with NO ISSUES since Build #42 !!!!!!
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreeq View Post
    Got to throw in a plug for PEv4.2... simply the strongest Froyo ROM out there. If you're new to rooting/ flashing, I'd recommend sticking with a 2.2.x ROM. GB ROMs are still buggy and unstable almost without exception, until you've tweaked them or flashed a patch or two. Also flashing to 2.3.x from an established 2.2 system requires a ton of re setting EVERYTHING, since none of your data will come forward.
    PEv4.2 is incredibly feature- filled, plus it has nearly every available theme ported to it.

Fwiw, I'm currently very happy with PEv5.0.2, but only after i flashed imoseyon's swap scripts and changed to a kernel that supports USB mounting.

Hey do you know where a good download link for the Pev5.0.1 ROM is? Tried downloading from their site but its down. Tried the sourcery rom 2.0.1 out and its sweet but not compatible with titanium backup big thumbs down ....well hope you can help me out.

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S
    Quote Originally Posted by contractorslim View Post

Hey do you know where a good download link for the Pev5.0.1 ROM is? Tried downloading from their site but its down. Tried the sourcery rom 2.0.1 out and its sweet but not compatible with titanium backup big thumbs down ....well hope you can help me out.

here you go: http://moddedlogic.com/pe/checkUpdat...ve/update1.zip
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post

That's just the dl link for the update correct? I need to find the initial rom download link.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post

That's just the dl link for the update correct? I need to find the initial rom download link.

{ROM RELEASE}ProjectElite v5 Gingerbread AOSP

^ it's there, i swear. i just tried the link, and it starts the d/l. look right ABOVE where it says "ChangeLog."
    Fred Schuldt
    -Moto D1, Rooted blahblahblah
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links