DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So long gingerbread

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

So long gingerbread

Sorry, too many bugs w/ Gingerbread in general. I've been trying it out since the first ROM was release. I've had issues w/ all gingerbread roms I've tried and understand that sometimes software isn't compatible yet, developers aren't up to speed and those problems I can deal with. I can't deal w/ problems w/ the camera or phone or google maps-core apps. I've tried PE, all of liquids gingerbread, BB, CM, Chevy and the list goes on. Yes I followed all install instructions to a t, wiping 10,000 times, formatting boot, letting the market update itself, not restoring w/ titanium etc, etc

Today I had major issues at the worst possible times. I was using liquid's latest gingerbread and I was driving and maps/navigation was a pain but I was lost in a bad area and needed an escape route immediately! On top of that I had 2 emergency situations where I needed to answer the call but there was no way to answer! No slider, nothing. That's when I realized it's time for something that's stable and I almost considered unrooting....but then realized I might as well just go back to froyo

I appreciate all the support in these forums. Unfortunately gingy just ain't ready for my droid.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Sorry, too many bugs w/ Gingerbread in general. I've been trying it out since the first ROM was release. I've had issues w/ all gingerbread roms I've tried and understand that sometimes software isn't compatible yet, developers aren't up to speed and those problems I can deal with. I can't deal w/ problems w/ the camera or phone or google maps-core apps. I've tried PE, all of liquids gingerbread, BB, CM, Chevy and the list goes on. Yes I followed all install instructions to a t, wiping 10,000 times, formatting boot, letting the market update itself, not restoring w/ titanium etc, etc

Today I had major issues at the worst possible times. I was using liquid's latest gingerbread and I was driving and maps/navigation was a pain but I was lost in a bad area and needed an escape route immediately! On top of that I had 2 emergency situations where I needed to answer the call but there was no way to answer! No slider, nothing. That's when I realized it's time for something that's stable and I almost considered unrooting....but then realized I might as well just go back to froyo

I appreciate all the support in these forums. Unfortunately gingy just ain't ready for my droid.
    Try the latest CM7 nightly build #38. I've had it for a few days now and now its my every day ROM. Its extremely stable.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Last cm7 build I tried was winner's #36, does build #38 fix the data issues? I take the subway and use an underground garage and toggling airplane mode was driving me crazy. I'm back to Sapphire 2.0.2 because it is as stable as you get, but it ain't gingerbread.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    jessemhess
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Your not the only one. GB was not ever meant to run on the Droid 1. I have also reverted back to Froyo and have been enjoying a bug free phone. I am currently using Project Gimp Source. Gimp is one of few that is still doing Froyo projects. I highly suggest you check Gimp out. He is in the process of having a new Froyo release soon.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah I know it wasn't meant for the old droid but I keep holding out hope that cvpcs or someone will figure out a fix for data. I love showing people gb's screen off effect. Thanks for the tip on Gimp I will check it out.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I have been using liquids latest build and haven't had any problems

8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcharlie View Post
    Yeah I know it wasn't meant for the old droid but I keep holding out hope that cvpcs or someone will figure out a fix for data. I love showing people gb's screen off effect. Thanks for the tip on Gimp I will check it out.
    What is the data issue?

9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My probelm is that if you lose data because you're out of range, like you go underground on subway/garage, when you are back in range it will look like your data has come back but your bars don't turn green (meaning you're connected to google) and data doesn't work. You then have to toggle airplane mode to get data to work and connect to google. So I go into my garage, lose signal, get my navigation set up, leave garage, regain signal, and then have to airplane toggle whilst driving to get data back. Not ideal. It only affects people who lose signal frequently so I doubt it will ever get fixed. I've tried several cm7 builds and pete alfonso's GPA builds and it happens with both of them. Maybe I'll give Liquid a try like a previous poster suggested.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX
    I'm glad I am not alone in going back to froyo.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D1
    These must be those instances that prove no two droids are alike. I am having no issues whatsoever with SS 5.2. In fact, my phone has never been so stable. Running it with Chevy's 1.1 Ghz kernel.

Have you tried different kernels? I've gotten almost every ROM to run pretty stable just by swapping out kernels until I found the right one.

In any case, hope you get sorted out, even if you have to go back to Froyo. Buggy phones are a pain in the heiny. Happy androiding.

*customized tapatalk signature*
    ...but seriously, I'm just kidding.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Links